Chapter 57 - Checkmate.

Winter wakes up with a start, her heart pounding in her ear. It was justa nightmare, another nightmare, but why did it look so different from the others? She looks around, making sure she was still at Hogwarts and not in a gruesome cemetery. She sees Aeri coming out of the bathroom and sighs in relief.

- Good morning, flower of the day. - Says the Japanese girl, with a smile. -I thought the pretty girl wasn't going to wake up today, you're lucky you're competent and you packed your suitcase yesterday, or you would be late for leaving.

Winter wanted to, but couldn't smile, she was still stunned by the nightmare.

- Have you had your breakfast yet? - The brunette asks and the Japanese shakes her head.

- I was waiting for you to wake up.

Kim changes her clothes and does her morning hygiene, going downstairs and heading to the Great Hall for breakfast. The friends meet the Gryffindor trio on the way, Karina runs towards her girlfriend, throwing herself into her arms and giving her a good morning kiss, which makes Winter smile for the first time in the day and her heart beat easier.

- I thought I wouldn't see you before boarding. - Karina says, after moving away, but remaining with her arms around the brunette's neck, who kept her hands firmly holding her thin waist.

- I was asleep. - Kim replies, shrugging her shoulders. - Have you had your coffee yet?

- Yes, I need to go to my communal room, I haven't packed my suitcase for my return home.

Aeri laughs lightly, shaking her head and, as soon as Winter leaves a kiss on the blonde's cheek, the Slytherins enter the room, sitting next to Renjun, who is enjoying breakfast.

- This is divine. - The boy says.

- You say that for every meal we have, Injeolmi. - Aeri comments, ruffling her best friend's hair, who smiles without showing his teeth.

After breakfast, the Slytherin trio return to their dormitories only to finish organizing themselves and head back to the castle entrance, boarding the carriages pulled by thestrals and the Hogwarts Express, all sitting together.

- Next year is our last year at Hogwarts. - Ryujin comments, looking out the train window. - It's very strange to think about it... we've known each other since we were 12, now we're 17, some are even 18...

- We are dating people we never imagined. - Yeji adds, looking at her girlfriend and winking.

- Stop, everyone knew you two were going to be together, just look at your faces. - Rosé says, laughing. - The real surprise is mine and Karina's relationship, me with the girl who jinxed me every day... - Aeri laughs, pointing her wand at the Chinese. - You're not crazy, Uchinaga Aeri.

- And me with the girl who threatened to kill me, what a beautiful story to tell our children, isn't it, Mindongie? - Karina jokes, seeing her girlfriend roll her eyes. - Tell them that you called me to a duel when I didn't even know what it was.

- What's my fault if you tested my patience? - Kim asks, arching an eyebrow and laughing at the blonde's grimace.

- Life goes by quickly, right? We met each other when we were brats, and now we're almost graduating from Hogwarts, all of us dating... - Renjun comments.

- Not all of us. - Jeno interferes, laughing at himself. - I continue as the group's official bachelor.

- And Jaemin? - Karina asks, quietly.

- Nothing came of it, we tried for a few days, but it didn't work. - The redhead shrugs. - I realized that I was only attracted to him, nothing more.

- Well, I only know that next year I will remain at Hogwarts as a gamekeeper. - Taemin comments. - Hagrid wants to stay just as a teacher, and he's going to give me the position, he'll help me until Christmas, then I'll be responsible alone.