Chapter 33 - A Chance.

Karina was on her way to her common room to pick up her trunk the morning she was boarding the Hogwarts Express back home when she felt a hand pulling her into one of the school's many rooms.

- What the fuck? - She asks and then looks at whoever pulled her. – Kim.

Who do you think you are to say you're in love with me and then leave as if you hadn't said anything? - The brunette asks and the blonde frowns. - Do you realize that I didn't sleep at all last night because of you? What do you want me to do now? I don't know, Yoo, I'm freaking out about not knowing and...

- Kim, calm down. - Karina says, holding the older girl's shoulders. - You like me, right?

- Yes, a lot. - Winter replies, starting to control her breathing.

- I like you too, right?

- From what you said, I would say yes.

- So just add one and one, Win. - The shorter one says, smiling. - If we both like each other... what stops us from trying something?

- You mean, like, dating? - The oldest asks, scratching the back of her head, and the one with blonde hair widens her eyes.

- Whoa, calm down, let's take it easy... this is the first time we've declared feelings for each other without it being mutual hatred, so what do you think we take it lowly... - She replies, pointing to the two. - We're not in a hurry, are we?

- No, of course not, no rush. - Winter replies, smiling. - And... How do you want to take this?

- What do you think we start by always thinking about being careful about what we say so we don't get hurt? I'm willing to make this work, so I think that's important.

- Of course, be careful, noted. - Karina laughs nasally at Winter's expressions, she was clearly nervous, but she seemed as willing as she was for them to work out. - Ah, but one thing first... can this just be between us? Like, kind of hidden?

- Oh, are you embarrassed to go out with a Muggle-born?

- No, for Merlin's sake, that's not what I'm saying. - The brunette replies, practically panicking, which makes the blonde laugh. - It's because of my father and...

- I was joking with you. - Karina cuts her off. - The Kims have a reputation for only getting involved with pureblood families, so relax, I'm willing to leave this just between us.

- Yeah... okay. - Winter is analyzing the girl, who had a restrained smile and her arms crossed, and stretches out her hand, which makes Karina frown. - It's a deal, isn't it? We should shake hands... or do you want to make a perpetual vow, I think that works too...

- Kim, no. - Karina says, laughing heartily and approaching the brunette. - A kiss is great, Lili.

- Oh, yes... I'm nervous.

- I noticed, but you look cute like this.

Winter smiles widely, wrapping her arms around the smaller girl's body and pulling her closer with her left hand, while her right hand is already lost in the blonde strands, pulling her into a kiss that takes all the breath away from the younger girl.

- See you when we get back to Hogwarts, then? - Karina asks, with her mouth still close to Winter's.

- Yeah, I think so. - Karina leaves a peck on the taller girl's lips and starts to walk away. - I mean, there's the Quidditch World Cup in a month, if you want, we can go together.

- What does hidden mean to you? - Yoo asks, laughing. - Are you asking me to meet at the biggest global event in the wizarding world?

- Yeah, I don't think that would be a good idea... - Winter replies and Karina laughs, shaking her head.