Chapter 55 - The Nightmares.

Aeri wakes up in the middle of the night, looking at her best friend's bed and seeing her struggling, another nightmare.

Winter had had nightmares every night since the incident at the Ministry of Magic. The Japanese gets up from her bed and kneels next to her best friend, touching her arm carefully and shaking it until the brunette wakes up.

- It's okay, I'm here. - Aeri whispers as soon as Kim opens her eyes, scared. - It was just a nightmare, my friend.

She gets up and pulls the cover off the older girl, settling down next to her on the mattress and wrapping her friend's body in a hug, leaving a kiss on the top of her head.

- Thank you, Riri.

Uchinaga smiles and strokes the brown strands, waiting for the girl to fall asleep again.

The other morning, Karina was talking animatedly with Yeji as she entered the Great Hall for breakfast and walked over to the Slytherin table, leaving a kiss on the cheek of her girlfriend and her friends.

- How was your night? - Karina asks.

- I slept with someone else last night. - Winter replies and Aeri laughs. - I introduce you to my lover.

Karina rolls her eyes but smiles in the brunette's direction.

- I'm serious, Mindongie.

- I had another nightmare, but I'm fine now. - The older girl holds the younger girl's hand, caressing the back of her hand with her thumb before bringing it to her lips in a delicate kiss and interlacing their fingers. - Do you want to sit with us?

- I'm going to my table, but thank you, love.

- Just because she's a Gryffindor she doesn't sit with the Slytherins. - Renjun implies, smiling sideways.

- "I already sit on top of a Slytherin", so your argument fell apart... - Karina replies jokingly.

Aeri spits out the water she was drinking when she laughs at the phrase of the girl with the blonde locks, Winter chokes on the piece of bread and blushes, some students who were sitting nearby widen their eyes in the direction of the blonde, who holds back her laughter.

- Karina... - The brunette whispers to her girlfriend after recovering, despite her face still being completely red.

- I didn't lie, Kim. - She replies, squeezing her flushed cheeks and leaving a peck on the peak that had formed on her red mouth. - Have a good day everyone.

Karina enters the arithmancy room and sees Jeno, she sits next to the redhead, who had his hands over his eyes, breathing deeply.

- All good? - The blonde asks, patting her friend's shoulder.

- Anxiety... the exams are next week, we have so much revision... I'm desperate.

Karina didn't know how to reply, but she felt the same way, so she just patted her friend's back until he calmed down.

A few minutes later, when Jeno was already feeling better and was having a relaxed conversation with Karina while the teacher didn't enter the classroom, Aeri walks through the door with her hair messy, her uniform crumpled and her mouth smeared with lipstick, sitting down on the other side of the redhead.

- Did you remember you have class? - The boy jokes.

- Ning remembered... when I'm with your best friend, I don't even remember my name, let alone class.

Karina laughs, shaking her head. Soon Professor Septima Vector enters the room, and everyone stays quiet, they are already used to the woman's strict style.