Dragons and Wallflowers

...

I wasn't ashamed to say that all the tension in my body left me when I saw Cale Henituse.

The entire situation was eerie as it is. I didn't get a notification or a heads up that warned me from being pulled into the Dungeon. The co-author did not mention anything and my [Thousand-Mile Eyes] did not detect the Dungeon entrance.

Which could only mean one thing.

This wasn't an event that the coauthor wrote. It was a completely unrelated incident. Which meant that I don't have the advantage of knowing the future through novel.

I was worried that things might be more dangerous the further we go into the Dungeon.

But all of that tension melted out of me when I saw Cale standing on top of the entrance to the next floor.

"Did you get pulled into the Dungeon too?" Yoo Yeonha asked with a relieved smile.

The man stepped down from the ledge, wind at his ankles as he gracefully landed on the ground.

"Something like that." He commented nonchalantly, his hands casually resting in his pockets.

Yoo Yeonha, who seemed to have slightly warmed up to me, showed a completely different side.

"Did you get pulled alone or with someone?" She smiled stepping towards him with a skip in her gait.

Unbelievable.

This is truly how I wrote Yoo Yeonha, who is amicable to people of her own status and disdainful of people who are below it. Looks like I have ways to go before I could say that I have wormed my way into her social circle. Well, I'm sure I'll have plenty of opportunities...if the novel could be even continued at this point.

I have noticed that I had been focusing most of my attention on Cale and his gang instead of Kim Suho, the actual protagonist of my novel. Now that I am on Cale's good side, thanks to Jin Moran, I should avert my attention from them and focus on bettering myself. If I plan on getting involved with the novel, my current stats, which are lower than an NPC's, would get me killed for sure.

Aside from that I should keep an eye on the other variable aside from Cale, which is Cale's enemy.

The Book of Truth refuses to give me any information about them for now, so I will have to focus on other stuff.

That was the plan when I came to the monster field, but unfortunately, I was pulled into this dungeon.

"Yeah, Haben, Ron and Choi Han are here too."

So, a perfect team then.

What's bugging me is the situation itself.

First off, the dead mana that is saturating the dungeon. Dead mana didn't exist in my setting, I didn't create it, but it started to appear along with people from Cale's world. It's fine if I could find it sparingly, but the copious amount of dead mana in the dungeon was concerning. Second of all, the fact that Cale gave a vague answer to Yoo Yeonha but came with a well-rounded group was also throwing me off.

Back at the gates of the monster spot, Cale was only with the ancient dragon and old assassin. The fact that Choi Han is here now means that Cale had arranged for him to join them later on.

I suddenly remembered the attack back at Cube.

When we found the Holy Item [Saint Jack's Rosary] on one of the assassins, both Cale and Alberu had been certain that the rosary is a bait placed specifically to lure them. ..

I wasn't ashamed to say that all the tension in my body left me when I saw Cale Henituse.

The entire situation was eerie as it is. I didn't get a notification that warned me from the Dungeon. The coauthor did not mention anything and my Thousand-Mile Eyes did not detect the Dungeon entrance.