Saintient Tumbleweed

Koong. Koong. Koong.

Every time the tires hit a rock, the HUV shook violently. Just how much of an old model was it to not even have a steady driving module? Yoo Yeonha was both confused and shocked.

"Ehew."

'Why did I ask to follow them?' Five minutes were enough to make her regret her words.

"...So why are you here?"

While she was steadying herself from the constant bumps, Kim Hajin, who was sitting next to her, asked. Yoo Yeonha glanced at him and retorted.

"What use is going on vacations? You have to see things, hear things, and feel things to advance forward."

"Oh."

Kim Hajin quickly accepted Yoo Yeonha's words and faced front again. Yoo Yeonha stared at him fixedly.

He was average-looking no matter how many times she saw him. If he had glasses, his face would be the average face of all salarymen.

"Hm..."

But there weren't just one or two things that were suspicious about him. Rather than suspicious, he was full of secrets. Unfathomable... was too grand of a word to describe him, but he was still mysterious.

When Yoo Yeonha was having such trifling thoughts, she felt her smartwatch vibrate.

It was a message from Chae Nayun.

[Alright, I'll take on his bet. Looks like he needs to be put in place.]

She seemed quite angry. With a snicker, Yoo Yeonha initiated a conversation.

"Hey."

"Hm?"

"Nayun says she'll do it. The bet."

At that moment, Kim Hajin's smartwatch also vibrated. Yoo Yeonha was curious.

"Show me too."

Kim Hajin displayed the message without complaints.

[Sure, let's fight. I'll give you a month. I'll bet my everything that I'll win. What are you going to bet?]

A duel between an archer and a gunman was thus established.

Yoo Yeonha found the situation quite ridiculous, but was also curious.

"...By the way, why are you doing this?"

Of all people, why was he so bent on provoking Chae Nayun?

Kim Hajin stared at Yoo Yeonha. He then spoke as though it was an obvious truth.

"Chae Nayun's real talent isn't in bows."

Yoo Yeonha couldn't understand what he was saying.

"If she gives up on using a bow, she can advance much further."

Kim Hajin added those words somewhat bitterly. At least, that's what Yoo Yeonha felt.

Yoo Yeonha then began to see what was going on.

Without interest, there was no criticism. One had to carefully scrutinize something to see its flaws. In a way, giving proper criticisms was harder than giving compliments.

In that sense...

Just how long has this man been watching Chae Nayun to be so sure of his thoughts? Three months? Half a year? A year? Or perhaps even longer?

'...Come to think of it.'

During the third year of Agent Military Academy, Kim Hajin was in the same class as Chae Nayun. They were both only 11 years old. From then until now, six whole years had gone by.