Dead Mana

It seemed the mock Dungeon trial ran into several problems.

The first problem was that many of the internal cameras had stopped working.

The second was that was a systematic error. A problem had occurred with the distribution of people in charge of monitoring the situation, and as a result, the instructors had discovered the broken cameras too late.

The third and final problem was that real monsters had trespassed into the Dungeon instead of mana puppets. This was the biggest problem.

The mock Dungeon trial was canceled as a result, and everyone's grades were postponed as well.

"Wow, really? A natural born Magma Golem?"

"Yeah, I heard it was intermediate ranked."

"No way... So what happened? Who killed it?"

"It was Cale Henituse ..."

"Really, all by himself?"

"Yes, he totally drowned it. Can you believe that? He drowned it in one move."

"So cool."

"I know right?!"

"How are we supposed to compete with people like that."

"We don't."

The cadets gathered outside the Dungeon chattered loudly, while the instructors checked people off to make sure there were no casualties. They stole glanced at the said redhead once in a while and marvelled in awe.

"Ehew."

Cale breathed out, feeling tiered. He had used his ancient powers more than he would have liked. Using the Indistructable Shield was one thing but the Sky Eating Water was too much for him.

His 'Gift' which was apparently called [Balanced Plate] was helping him with the burden, but there was so much it could do, even though its proficiency was at [lvl 6]. He naturally have a big but a fragile plate which was an above average plate. The originally synchronised Cale wasn't so different either.

He was glad he didn't throw up blood or pass out.

"Cale-ssi."

"Hm?"

It was Yoo Yeonha, who was approaching him with a smile.

"Yeonha-ssi, is something the matter?"

Thinking about the benefits he could gain from his potential friendship with her, Cale couldn't stop his smile.

"I want to discuss something with you. Is there an occasion where we could sit down and chat?" She asked.

Cale though for a moment before answering,"Yeonha-ssi, are you in the travel club?"

"Hm? Yes." She answered, perplexed by the sudden change in the subject. What was the point of discussing the travel club in the middle of their conversation.

"The travel club's destination for this week is Compass City. Let's meet up then."

Yoo Yeonha's eyes widened.

Compass City had been a big project promoted by the Golden Turtle Corporation since two years ago. It had started after the heir, Cale, took an unnatural interest in the land that the world shunned because it was ravaged by monsters.

Africa was a high risk and high reward land and Cale Henituse singlehandedly removed the risk. That massive piece of land that the world had abandoned even with its immense resources and wealth, was conquered by a fifteen year old child in less than six months.