Unlikely

My high perseverance stat indeed gave me an amazing recuperative power. A day was enough to mend my broken mentality, and after talking to Cale, working out, hunting, and buying stocks, as usual, the weekend flew by in the blink of an eye.

“Exams are next week, starting with the written exams. The combat exams will be on the following week. But remember what I’ve always said, written exams are just as important as combat exams.”

Today was Monday. The professor purposely spoke in a grave tone. Just like he said, the midterm exams would begin in just a week.

I was also a bit apprehensive.

Of course, I had nothing to worry about in written exams, but the problem was with combat exams.

In duels, cadets fought each other in a one on one battle. In monster wars, cadets fought illusionary monsters summoned by magicians rather than mana puppets.

Cadets didn’t show mercy in duels to maximize the points they gained, and summoned monsters in monster wars were on a completely different league than mana puppets. In a way, they were no different than ‘real’ monsters.

So I had to prepare myself for the pain of getting my flesh cut or my bones broken.

“…”

But setting the exam-worry aside, I couldn’t focus on today’s class because of someone sitting next to me.

Rachel.

She always sat by herself in the back of the class, but ever since the results came out for the Phenomenon Realm Analysis exam, she has been getting close to me seat by seat, and now she was sitting next to me.

To be exact, she was still a seat away since there was still an empty seat between us. In any case, Rachel kept sneaking a glance at my notebook. She wasn’t just stealing a look, but she also seemed to be writing something down.

Just to be sure, I wrote down a random string of words.

[Yoo Kim Ok Jun Ja Hyuk]

Yoo Okja. Kim Junhyuk. It was my mother’s and father’s name. I rolled my eyes to the side and observed Rachel.

As expected, she snuck a glance before quickly jotting something down on her notebook. With my eyes, I could clearly see the words "Yoo Kim Ok Jun Ha Hyuk????"
Next, I scribbled down a string of numbers next to my parents’ names.

[19680529.19660912]

It was my father’s and mother’s birthday. Rachel also jotted down the numbers.
Next, I scribbled down the name of the dog I used to have, then ‘iputsmid’ which was an anagram of "I’m stupid"

Deciding that I should stop messing with Rachel, I wrote something on the corner of my notebook, as if I am writing a reminder.

[Exchange notes with Cale Henituse]

"Ah."

A soft gasp like breath came out of Rachel, as if she suddenly got a great idea. I could understand her enlightened expression. It was also one of the things I'm apprehensive about. Cale had an intelligence stat of [9.5]. How in the world could his results be lower than Rachel's?

It's obvious that he is just not taking things seriously. Same with his practical classes. Anyone who had seen Cale's blatant display of power fwhen he drowned the Magma Golem would be crazy to assume that the ranking actually fits Cale.

Hopefully, Cale wouldn't be angry with me using him as a scapegoat. Rachel is the sister of his superior and sworn brother, so hopefully he can help get her off of my back.