Protection

..
"We can go our separate ways from now on." Yoo Yeonha said, facing thin air.

Kim Hajin deadpanned. He knew she was talking to him, but her pride wouldn't allow her to look at him. She would rather talk to thin air. Kim Hajin was having trouble understanding her logic.

Yoo Yeonha didn't wait for his reply, with a flip of her long hair she turned around and started to walk down the street.

Kim Hajin sighed, following after her, but also making sure he was a step behind her as to not trigger her.

"Tasha-sii said that we should stay in groups." Kim Hajin said.

"Go join the others then." Yoo Yeonha’s reply came swiftly.

The rest of their group went to a boat ride at the recommendation of the locals. The local being a Dark Elf which no one aside fron Kim Hajin was  aware of. Apparently the Elf said that the sunset was exceptionally beautiful over Lake Victoria.

"They are on the other side of the city."

"Why did you follow me then?"

"We were heading to the same destination." Kim Hajin's voice was flat.

"Ugh" Yoo Yeonha  seemed offended by the fact that they were walking in the same direction.

Kim Hajin questioned if he had really wrote her character to be this contemptuous and disdainful of others. Was she really a part of his creation? He wanted to smack his past self on the head for making her the way she is.

Yoo Yeonha abruptly turned around, making Kim Hajin sharply dodge her in order not to slam into her. She was already acting as if breathing the same air as him was repulsive, imagine him touching her by bumping into her.

"..." Yoo Yeonha sent Kim Hajin a silent look of disgust.

Kim Hajin was speechless, he only deadpanned at the situation he was in.

"We are going to split up." Yoo Yeonha said.

"No, Tasha-sii said that we would be banned from Compass City if we didn't follow the rules." Kim Hajin said.

He can tell that this City was going to be the center of a lot of important details. He can't afford to be banned from coming here before the City was even officially opened.

"..." Yoo Yeonha looked at him as if that rule didn't apply to her.

Kim Hajin felt the sudden urge to pull on her hair out of frustration. How could he write such an uncooperative character? Of course she can buy her way out of the ban. But he wouldn't be able to do it.

"Excuse me." A friendly voice stopped them from bickering.

Yoo Yeonha unconsciously took a step back and Kim Hajin fixed his eyes on the man that seemed to appear out of thin air. They were startled by his abrupt presence. Yoo Yeonha didn't sense him coming and Kim Hajin's [Thousand-Mile Eyes] didn't detect him either.

It was then that a notification that rang ever since coming to Compass City, rang yet again in Kim Hajin's head.

[An individual from a Mythical-Grade World have been detected.]

It was a handsome man that looked like he was in his late 20's and smelled like alcohol. He had blue hair and his green eyes observed them from behind his gold rimmed glasses. He was dressed in a tidy suit that looked a bit dishevelled. He smiled in an easygoing way and spoke.

"Are you Yoo Yeonha and Kim Hajin?" He asked.

Yoo Yeonha gathered her bearings quickly and shot back,"Who is asking?"