Team 6

..
Mary is the last necromancer in the world.

She originally dwelled with the Dark Elves in the City of Death. She was once a normal human, but, became a necromancer as a way to survive being poisoned by dead mana while in the Desert of Death. It was the Dark Elves who saved her and offered her that option. She didn't become a necromancer by choice, she had done it to survive.

That led her to a life full of pain and loneliness. Forcing her to hide along with the Elves in fear of being hunted down by the church of the Sun God.

She led a life full of fear and solitude.

That was until Cale Henituse entered her life.

He took her outside the underground city and showed her a sight she yearned to see.

Cale has made her very happy by taking her outside the City of Death, allowing her to see the sunlight once again. It is debatable whether Cale has done this for her services or to make her happy but it didn't matter to her. What mattered to her then was that it did make her happy.

"You have to earn your keep."

Although he had phrased it that way, what he gave her was more than she could ever repay.

Later she ended up becoming one of Cale's followers. After following him for a while, she came to know that she wasn't the only one saved by him. She thought that he had taken her out of the City of Death because he had required the help of a necromancer. But she later realised that he would've helped her even if he didn't need her help.

Because that's just the kind of person he is.

She created an arm for Ron on Cale's command and limbs full of dead mana for Clopeh Sekka that will explode on either Cale's or her command. She did lots of things on his command.

She did it out of her sense of being indebted to him. Out of gratitude and respect.

She cares deeply for Cale as he is one of her benefactors, and he is the man that first introduced her to happiness. The man that took responsibility for her and took her in. She was very ignorant to the world outside the City of Death and he was the one that taught her everything regarding the human society.

He let her experiment with her power and learn more about herself instead of making her hide her power away.

He taught her that she didn't need to hide and put her on a pedestal making her a respected hero that would be celebrated around the world.

To her, Cale Henituse was an existence that was akin to her Lord. A person she respected and cared for with every fiber of her being.

And right now, that Lord was getting harassed.

"Cale-ssi~, can you see up ahead?"

"Cale-ssi, you look more handsome in person."

"Cale-ssi, do you isn't it hot down here?"

"Cale-ssi, I heard you scored third in the theoretical test the other day, do you mind helping me?"

Mary could understand the infatuation of the girl sticking close to the young master.

How could she not?

With a person as attractive as Cale Henituse, how could anyone guard themselves. A person that is beautiful inside and outside would garner admiration.

Perhaps if she didn't harbour an enormous amount of respect and gratitude towards this man, she would've indulged herself in unrealistic romantic fantasies as well.

She could understand Jin Moran's actions but she couldn't agree with them.

Jin Moran's unrestrained and forward approach was clearly making the young master uncomfortable.