Troupe

Cale breathed in the clear unpolluted air of Compass City. This was the first time he returned after the start of classes in Cube.

Compass City was a lake town located a bit away from what was known as Lake Victoria.

With a clear and beautiful view and an above average magic concentration, it was a marvelous place to settle in. It was the place Cale chose to build his Villa, a few months after helping the beast people settle.

Cale smiled to himself from the comfort of his lounge chair. The morning rays rained down on him from the open balcony as he relaxed in the serene environment.

'This is life'

Cale though languidly.

Raon in his cat form and Hong were having a lazy nap on his lap and On stretched on the armrest of the chair.

The start of his weekend was perfect and Cale basked in the moment. He needed moments like this to wash away all the fatigue and stress he received from entering Cube.

A bit away from where the villa was built, a  city was already awake and bustling. The population consisted of the beast people Cale helped and native Africans who went into hiding during the Great Overturn. A few Africans who had to flee when the catastrophe  of monsters invaded Africa had happily returned after Cale established Compass City.

Whatever was left of the Bear, Fog Cat and Lion tribes people come to isolate themselves in smaller villages across East Africa. Cale may or may not have pressured them into isolation but he was happy regardless. Cale was glad that they actually didn't have to live with people who they strove to kill every time they encountered each other.

It also created less friction among the original residents of Compass City.

He chose not to involve himself in whatever the residents were doing. He wasn't here to micromanage their lives. Actually most of them would only consider the 10 to 13 years they spend here as a mere glitch due to their long lifespans and were doing whatever they wanted without getting in each other's ways. However that didn't mean that whatever they were doing didn't include founding a city.

Cale was okay with it as long as he wasn't dragged into doing anything.

However Cale's hopes came crashing down as a soft knock echoed in the room before the door to the room opened.

Ron walked in pushing a cart filled with food over to Cale.

"Young Master-nim, it's time for brunch. You didn't eat much during dinner, it's not healthy to skip your meals."

The children on his lap steered in their sleep and Cale could only ask,"Did the children eat?"

"Yes, young master-nim,  they ate early in the morning."

Cale rubbed On's fur and she nuzzled into his palm as she woke up. She jumped down from the lounge chair and settled at his feet, making room for Ron to push the cart closer to Cale.

After Cale ate his meal, Ron decided to say the one thing that ruined Cale's good mood.

"Vice Security Chief Hilsman is here to discuss a matter with you, Young master-nim."

Just like Hans, Basen and a few others, there was someone that looked and sounded exactly like Vice Captain Hilsman. He was the Vice Chief of Security of the Golden Turtle Corp.

He was sent here to be in charge of the Premain excavation and processing plants as well as the Compass City branch of the Golden Turtle. As Premain is a very precious ore, many were after it and the number of raids the mines went through in the span of a their short history of two years wasn't small.