MoRan

Cube had a variety of artificial terrain created to allow for more efficient training: mountains, hills, limestone caves, volcanic caves, etc. Each environment had its unique puppet monsters, and naturally, there were also artificial Dungeons created with cutting-edge magic technology.

“Today’s combat training is a bit special.”

Just like Kim Soohyuk said, there were two classes participating in today’s combat training. We were gathered outside of an eerie cave. The black tunnel-like entrance seemed to ooze ominous energy.

And indeed, the cave was full of traps and puppet monsters. Among them would be real monsters and lethal traps set up by Djinns.

I could already feel myself trembling.

“Today, you’ll be entering this cave with another class. As a joint training exercise, a team from each class will join together to form a single team.”

The name of this training was Mock Dungeon Trial. Cadets would form a team of eight and experience an artificial Dungeon.

Two hundred cadets would be inside this massive grade artificial Dungeon, so one could only imagine just how large it was.

“Now, get in your usual teams.”

I looked for Yoo Yeonha, who was staring at the cave entrance nervously. The fact that Yoo Yeonha was nervous showed how threatening the Dungeon’s entrance seemed.

"I’m shaking.”

“Me too. Look, I have goosebumps on my arms.”

Jin Hoseung and Hazuki approached, making a fuss. Other cadets also found their teams, and 200 cadets quickly formed into 50 groups.

“Next, we’ll announce your team pair. For the record, the cadet with the highest grade was chosen to be the team leader.”

I took a moment to observe the most powerful team in our class. Everyone in Cale Henituse's team looked relaxed and confident. It was understandable, first of all this Dungeon was well below their power so their confidence was a given.

Second, if the phrases [Supreme Commander] and [Allied Forces] are anything to judge by, I would say that this team have experienced war at least once. Different nations don't ally themselves with no reason. There must have been a threat so big that it forced them to ally themselves with the strongest nation. My guess is that the [Roan Empire] in this setting is the strongest.

It would make no sense for such people to be nervous about this Dungeon.

Kim Soohyuk pressed his smartwatch, projecting a hologram of the team list. 

I skimmed through the hologram and stopped at team three's.

===
[Team 3]

Veritas class – Team Chae Nayun

World class – Team Sven
===

“Hu…”

Team 3, which was formed just like in the novel’s scenario, was the team to watch out for.

‘Sven’ was a dangerous character. On the outside, he was an international student from Germany who had a crush on Chae Nayun.

Sven was a star student in his country, who had walked on the path of an elite since he was young. On his plane ride to Korea, he likely imagined himself to be on the top of Cube’s rankings.

But unfortunately, Cube was filled with heaven-defying characters. Sven couldn’t come close to their talents, and now he was struggling with an inferiority complex and a sense of defeat.