Chronicles of a Legend

[The door to the underground prison opened.

Screeeeeeeech-

Delirious from pain, I looked up at the one responsible for the screeching sound.

Bright red hair, along with a tiered and bloody face greeted me. Because of the breeze that wafted in through the open door, I was able to smell the faint scent of pastry from the redhead. The person entering seemed to be holding a piece of apple pie in his hand as he leisurely entered the torture chamber I was secretly smuggled into.

He then stopped eating as he walked further into the cell.

The the sound of a whip cut through the air.

Fliiiiiiick!

“Ahhhhhhh!”

The old man responsible for my current state seemed to be punishing me for taking  a glimpse at his master.

I looked away immediately.

My blood was being splattered onto the walls. A lot of blood must have been on the walls already, as you could not even tell that the new blood had landed on it. It was indeed what you should expect from a torture chamber hosting the commander of an enemy country that tried to invade your country.

“Ah, young master-nim, you're here.”

The old assassin, who I later came to know as, Ron Molan, gently greeted his master, however, he had a cold gaze as he scanned the bloodied redhead from head to toe.

Ron took out a dagger and then threw it in my direction angrily.

Stab!

“Aaaaaah!”

The dagger stabbed, me, the man being tortured in the shoulder as blood splattered once again.

The redhead looked away from Ron's gaze and looked toward Beacrox, Ron's son. I later came to know that the tall brunette was the chef of the redhead and that he was wholeheartedly serving him along with his father.

The chef and torture expert Beacrox,  was wearing four pairs of white gloves as he flicked the whip with a stoic expression. Ridding the whip of my trickling blood.

The father-son duo, who did not have a drop of blood on them, spoke to the red-haired  man as if they were introducing him to someone.

“We are chatting with him, as you instructed.”

“Ugh, gasp.”

I struggled to catch my breath as his stoic eyes turned to me. I was halfway down my grave, with the amount of blood I had lost, the only reason I was alive was because the father-son duo wanted me alive for this specific moment.

I, The Guardian Knight Clopeh Sekka, had fallen into Cale Henituse's hands.

The shame I felt was thousands of times more painful than the injuries onn my body, I had left my country to create a legend for myself, but was shamefully defeated without being able to step foot into the enemy territory. I was even getting further away from my dream.

The father-son duo had immediately captured me after my defeat and moved me to this underground prison when Choi Han had defeated me on the battlefield.

Ron continued to speak with a benign smile.

“…We kept him alive.”

‘Yes… As long as I am alive.’