||42||

I walked into the kitchen with Ryan and Seth, grabbing a plate from the table.

"Thanks." I told Sandy, going to walk behind Ryan and Seth, who grabbed their plates as well. Kirsten grabbed her plate as well and walked beside us. Before we could leave the kitchen, Sandy stepped in front of us.

"Whoa no no, this is a family dinner."

"Ooh the sneak attack family dinner, we walked right into it." Seth muttered to Ryan and I.

"I have to work." Kirsten told Sandy.

"And Ryan and I are in the middle of a very crucial PlayStation game."

"And I'm referee." I added, since I technically had to be the peacemaker when Ryan and Seth gamed. Otherwise, all hell would break loose.

"I don't care, nobody eats tonight unless we sit down and eat as a family. No excuses, tonight and together, now come on everybody, sit down." Sandy said, moving and ushering us all to the table. Seth, Ryan and I exchanged a look before going to sit down.

"Family times are always best when it's forced." Seth stated and I grinned at Sandy's expression.

"You're not gonna be invited to the family trip I'm planning." Sandy joked and Seth laughed.

The phone rang then and we all glanced at Sandy with pleading looks.

"Oh that could be work."

"And Sum is supposed to call me back about a project we're working on-" I added.

"Yeah Marissa's supposed to call me back."

"I will get the phone. It's dinner time, nobody's taking any calls." Sandy stood up and went to get the phone. He came back into the room and walked over to Ryan and I, a worried expression on his face.

"It's for the two of you."

I glanced at Ryan as he took the phone.

"Hello. Hey. Really, when? Yeah alright, yeah see you then." Ryan stated and I looked at him curiously as he handed the phone back to Sandy.

"That was Trey." Ryan stated.

"Your brother?" Kirsten asked, looking between Ryan and I.

"Yeah, he's getting out of jail tomorrow. Wants me and Ally to pick him up in Chino."

I couldn't believe Trey was getting out so early. It had only been a year since he'd been locked up. And now he wanted Ryan and I to pick him up? I only hoped he'd changed because the last time Ryan and I were with him we'd been arrested.

"Well, there's that family trip you wanted."

~~~~
I walked into the poolhouse to see Ryan sitting on his bed, looking deep in thought.

"Hey, Ry."

"Hey."

"You worried too?" I asked him.

"Yeah, I mean we haven't even seen Trey since last Thanksgiving when he got us to steal that car for him."

"I know. I sort of thought he was out of our life for good." I stated, sitting down beside him.

"So did I. I know he's our brother, but he's trouble, Ally. I don't want him bringing us both down with him."

"We won't let him. I think we should give him a chance though. Just as long as we're careful."

I looked up as Seth walked in.

"Hey, you two ready? There's bagels in the kitchen."

"Yeah." I stated, looking at Ry.