||24||

A lot had happened in the last week. Ryan and Marissa got back together, which wasn't much of a surprise. The surprise being that Caleb and Julie were getting married. This came as a shock to everyone, especially Marissa and Kirsten.

I walked downstairs with Seth and entered the kitchen. I looked on the counter and saw a very fancy wedding invitation.

"Two weeks. Unbelievable, who would believe it?" Kirsten muttered as she looked at the invite.

"Ah, it's the tourettes flaring up, it happens every now and again, but it's fine." Seth joked.

"Julie and Caleb's wedding invitation, getting married in uh-" Ryan started, but Kirsten cut him off.

"Two weeks."

"Wow, they're really doing it, an unfortunate image just leapt in my mind." Seth said and I slapped him on the arm.

"I mean, I just don't understand. What's the rush?" Kirsten asked. Sandy walked in and went to stand by Kirsten.

"Honey, it's the gruesome twosome, what did you expect? It's the shock and awe approach to courtship."

"Julie Cooper is getting married to my father and you're being flip." Kirsten stated in disbelief.

"Me being flip about Caleb? No, I'm kinda softening on the guy, he may not be friendly or ethical, or you know, a million laughs."

"But he is?"

"Generous, boy, either that or he is in love and delusional because he threw out a ball park figure for what he's offering me and Jimmy for the restaurant and it ain't chump change."

"Hmm, so he's bought your acceptance." Kirsten stated.

"But at a very high price. Hey, how's Marissa dealing with her new step dad?" Sandy asked Ryan.

"Yeah, is she alright with that?" Kirsten asked.

"Well, she'll be in the wedding, she agreed to that so.." Ryan trailed off. No matter if Marissa agreed to be in the wedding, we all knew that she didn't want Caleb Nichol as her step father.

"And you two are.. what are you back to?" Sandy asked.

"Yeah, yeah we're good actually, really good."

"Wow, really good for you is like singing from the tree tops." Sandy said.

"Cherish it." I told Ryan, who smiled.

"Now that you and Marissa are really good, does that mean that you and Theresa are really over?" Seth asked.

"Yeah, yeah." Ryan told him.

"Well now that you've got your life straightened out, I think it may be time to take a step back. And untangle this incestuous web that I like to call the Julie-Caleb union." Seth said, making Ryan and I glance at each other.

"Now, let's think about this, when this bizarro knot gets tied, Julie Cooper's gonna be your mother in law." Seth said, pointing to Sandy, who groaned.

"Oh."

"Yeah, enjoy. She's gonna be your step mom." Seth said to Kirsten.

"Seth, my head is spinning." Kirsten said sarcastically.

"Yeah yeah, me and Marissa, could be related. I don't know I can't even do the math, but the real kicker is that Julie Cooper- my grandma wears Uggs. Think about that."

"I am thinking about it." I told him in amusement. The phone rang and Sandy left to answer it.

When he came back in, he seemed off somehow. I wondered who he talked to on the phone.