||15||

I walked into the kitchen and walked over to the bowl where the bagels were usually kept. I reached in for one, but pulled my hand back when the bowl was empty.

I turned and glanced at Hailey, who had a plate of bagels and a large glass of orange juice and was reading the newspaper.

Sandy walked in then, looking for a bagel but I shook my head at him. He turned and glared at Hailey as well. Ryan and Seth both came in, each looking for a glass of orange juice and fhs newspaper, both of which Hailey had.

The four of us all glared at Hailey, who was completely oblivious of us as she had headphones in. Kirsten walked in and gestured for us to follow her from the kitchen.

"She's eating us out of house and home!" Sandy whispered.

"Sandy, it's just a bagel." Kirsten whispered back.

"No, no, it's never just a bagel." Sandy told her, which I nodded along to. Funny how fond I'd become of bagels seeing as I'd never had one before moving here.

"Mom, as someone who's basically been a shut-in his whole life I can say with perfect authority that that woman never leaves the house!" Seth told Kirsten, gesturing to Hailey.

"She's got nowhere else to go."

"Yeah, because all her friends wanna kick her ass. Oh, sorry for the language." I added quickly.

"Don't be. I'd like to kick her ass." Sandy told me, making me grin.

"Kirsten!" Hailey yelled from the kitchen. The four of us groaned and rolled our eyes.

"Coming!" Kirsten yelled back cheerily.

"There's no more coffee, will you make some? The good French kind, not the harvest blend!" Hailey called, to which Sandy shook his head and mouthed 'no' repeatedly.

"I'll talk to her." Kirsten promised Sandy.

"Oh, that means I'll have to survive on English muffins." Sandy called as he walked off.

I followed after as Seth did, going to get dressed for school. I got dressed and grabbed my bag, going to the pool house and finding Seth already there.

"Marissa? Marissa, hello! She's gotta be here somewhere!" Seth called and Ryan rolled his eyes.

"Hilarious."

"Yeah, kay listen to me. Hailey is always in fhe living room and Marissa is always here. What happened to good old Seth-Ryan quality time?"

"Seth-Ryan quality time? Spend time with my sister." Ryan stated, making me laugh.

I looked up as Marissa walked in, grinning widely. We had been riding to school with her since Ryan and her starting dating.

"Hey, you all ready to go?"

"Hey, Marissa." I greeted with a smile.

Ryan walked over to Marissa, smiling at her.

"Oh wait, you forgot your balls!" Seth called to him and I smacked him on the shoulder.

"Whatever, Cohen, like Ally doesn't keep yours in her purse." Marissa snapped and I laughed.

~~~~
The day of school passed pretty quickly and soon I was walking outside with Ryan and Seth.

We reached the parking lot and saw Luke examining his truck.

"Hey man, what's going on?" Ryan asked him as we walked up to him.

"I've got a flat tire."

"Did you run over a nail or something?" I asked, leaning down and looking, then stood up.