||17||

I walked down the school hallway with Seth, smiling as I spotted Ryan and Marissa. The smile fell instantly as I saw Oliver was behind Marissa.

Seth and I came to a stop as we met the three of them.

"Hey, Ally, Seth." Marissa greeted and I smiled at her, then at Ryan. I just glanced at Oliver unsurely.

"So are you visiting Harbor?" Seth asked Oliver to break the silence. I could tell he didn't like Oliver as much after the incident with the broken dish.

"Actually, Oliver goes here now." Marissa told us and I looked right at Ryan. He shook his head slightly and I looked over at Marissa.

"Really? Well that's...nice." I said slowly.

"So you didn't tell anyone?" Oliver asked Marissa, who shrugged.

"Well, I didn't think you were really serious about coming here."

"Of course, I have more friends here than I did at my old school."

I wasn't too sure about that. I thought for sure Marissa was his only friend in this inner circle.

"So, I was thinking about taking Oliver to the book store since we both have a free period right now." Marissa told us.

"Yeah, Marissa and I have like exactly the same schedule. What are the odds?" Oliver asked, smiling at each of us.

I fake smiled back at him. "Isn't that crazy?" I asked.

"Have fun." Ryan told Marissa who smiled at him.

"Kay, c'mon." She told Oliver. I saw Oliver smirk slightly as they walked off and rolled my eyes. .

"Okay, Oliver goes here now, did you notice that?" Ryan asked Seth and I.

"Well, seeing as Marissa just told us that, yeah I noticed." Seth quipped and I elbowed him.

"You don't find it weird that Oliver suddenly wanted to transfer here?"

"Of course I do. He's a complete snake and he's manipulating Marissa and she's too sweet to realize it." I stated angrily.

"Don't worry, you two, maybe this situation with Oliver will be over soon." Seth said, placing an arm around my shoulders.

"I hope so. Hey, I have to go to English. Love you." I told Seth, kissing him quickly.

"Love you? When did this happen?" Ryan asked and I laughed.

"Months ago, Ry. Bye." I told them, walking to my English class.

~~~~
Later that day, I headed to the student lounge to study with Ryan.

I sat down beside him and saw he was pretty enamoured in his work, so we stayed mostly silent.

I looked up as I saw Oliver walking towards us.

"Hey, is this seat available?" Oliver asked the two of us.

Ryan nodded hesitantly, grabbing his books to allow Oliver to sit down.

"Wow, I'm so behind already." Oliver complained, placing his books on the small table.

"I know the feeling." Ryan said as he still read through his book. I listened to the conversation as I read too.

"Does junior year ever get easier?"

"You tell me. Marissa told us you were a senior." I said suddenly and Oliver looked over to me.

"Not a good one. And Harbor, being as competitive as it is, not all my credits transferred."

"Yet you still wanted to come here." Ryan stated.