||46||

I sat in the kitchen eating breakfast with Seth and Ryan.

"I don't believe it Ryan, Bright Eyes has two albums in the top ten."

"You okay with that?" Ryan asked, looking amused at the frown on Seth's face.

"Yeah I just feel like the rest of the world finally caught up to me. It's a little bit scary. Tell me I'm still special." Seth remarked and I grinned.

"You're special, Seth."

Seth grinned at me as the phone rang. "Hello? Nanaleh. How you feeling?" Seth asked with a smile on his face.

Ryan and I shared a look as we understood that Seth was talking to his nana. I'd only met her once, when she came to visit California a year ago. Seth and Sandy gave us updates monthly on how she was doing in battling her cancer.

"Ok, yeah I'm sorry. No I'm sure that twenty dollars outstanding has the bank just going crazy." Seth stated, making a funny face as he spoke to his nana. Kirsten walked in and glanced at Seth.

"Who is it?"

"Actually my mom just came in if you wanna talk to her-" Seth trailed off, looking at his mom. "It's the Nana."

Kirsten immediately shook her finger and mouthed 'no.' Seth stared back helplessly not sure what to say, but thankfully Sandy walked in.

"Hello, my dad just showed up, awkward family moment avoided for..everyone but me, love you." Seth spoke into the phone. "It's the Nana." Seth whispered, handing the phone to Sandy.

"Oh. Ma! Hey, how are you?" Sandy asked loudly as he left the kitchen.

"Why does he always get so much louder when he talks to her?" Seth asked and Kirsten grinned.

"They're a family of screamers."

In the other room, Sandy's voice can still be heard by us, further proving Seth's point.

"How's the grandma feeling?" Ryan asked.

"The Nana." Seth corrected and I gave him a look. He noticed and placed a hand on my shoulder. "Ally please, grandma evokes homemade cookies and knitting and someone whose actually nice to you."

"The Nana, definitely not nice to you or me, but she's doing great. Full remission." Kirsten told us and I smiled. "That's amazing."

"Which confirms my suspicion that she is in fact immortal." Seth muttered.

"What? So soon? Oh my God, Ma. Let me call you back." Sandy stated as he walked back into the kitchen and ended the call.

"What happened?" Kirsten asked in concern.

"Is everything alright?" Seth added, his joking demeanor gone for a moment.

"The Nana..she's headed for the altar."

It was hard for me to hide my surprise at that, and Seth smiled at me, also looking very surprised.

"She's getting married?" Kirsten asked, nearly laughing.

"Pack your bags, we're going to Miami." Sandy stated.

"Alright, shuffleboard, mahjong, dinner four, it's gonna be the best spring break ever!"

~~~~
I knocked on Trey's apartment door and waited a moment before the door swung open. To my surprise, I saw Jess Santhers standing in the doorway, wearing nothing but a bikini top and shorts.

"Ally? What are you doing here?" Jess asked me, looking me over. I glanced past her trying to see if Trey was there, then glanced back at her.

"I came to say goodbye to Trey." I told her, just as the man himself walked out of a room and saw me in the doorway.