||34||

I was standing in the kitchen with my bag about to leave for school when Sandy walked in, looking nervous.

"Ryan, Ally, you two need a ride to school like right this second?"

"What's going on, Dad?" Seth asked as he walked into the kitchen.

"I need reinforcements." Sandy said and I glanced at him oddly.

"Hey kids, need a ride to school?" Kirsten asked as she walked in.

"Um-"

"Actually, honey I was going to take them." Sandy said quickly, making me raise my eyebrows at Seth. I suddenly remembered what day it was.

"Happy Anniversary, Kirsten, Sandy." I told them and Kirsten smiled. "At least you remembered."

Sandy looked uncomfortable. "I did remember. I've got big things planned!"

"Um, we should get to school! We can take our bikes." Ryan said suddenly and I nodded.

"Good idea." Seth chimed.

The three of us left the house and went outside quickly, ready to escape the awkwardness.

"I can't believe Dad forgot their twentieth anniversary. Even you remembered." Seth muttered to me.

"I'm good with dates. He'll find a way to make it up to your mom."

~~~~
Seth, Ryan and I walked into the house to see Sandy and Kirsten sitting on the couch.

"Could you all come here for a minute?" Sandy requested.

I glanced at Seth and Ryan as the three of us qalked into the living room.

"We were thinking about going away this weekend and we wanted to lay some ground rules." Sandy stated.

"No parties, no drinking or drugs, no impromptu trips to Tijuana and no arrests." Kirsten rattled off and I nodded quickly.

"Kirsten, you can trust us. We won't have anything going on while you're gone." I told her.

Seth and Ryan nodded along.

"We're going to hold you to that because if we can't trust you, you're going to have to spwmd the weekend at Caleb's, which means you'll spend the weekend with Julie Cooper."

"You can trust us."

"Yeah, definitely."

"No more lying."

Sandy looked amused at our quick answers.

"Okay, good."

~~~~
The next morning was very awkward. I'd woken up early to find Ryan making very elaborate pancakes. I knew he must have done something.

Seth and I both chipped in to help make the pancakes and Ryan told us that Kirsten had caught Lindsay and him kissing.

I heard footsteps and immediately forced a grin as did Ryan and Seth. Kirsten and Sandy walked in, looking unamused.

"Morning."

"Good morning."

"Morning."

"Who wants blueberry pancakes?" Seth asked, gesturing to the plate of the pancakes.

"Banana?" Ryan suggsted.

"Or if you're feeling risky, chocolate chip?" I suggested.

"Not gonna happen."

"Too little, too late."

"I wanted to tell you about Lindsay." Ryan defended himself.

"You were too busy studying, believe me, I saw." Kirsten stated.