||19||

It had been two weeks since the incident with Oliver. I hadn't been affected by it as much as I thought I would. Unfortunately, being held at gunpoint wasn't too much of a shock since I grew up in Chino.

It was now the day before Valentine's Day. It was also my first Valentine's Day with Seth. I was excited and nervous at the same time. I didn't really know what to expect. I just hoped it would be a good day.

I walked into the kitchen and heard Sandy saying something about he hated this holiday.

"Dad must be talking about Valentine's Day." Seth stated, walking over to me. I smiled at him in greeting.

"I am indeed, I hate the holiday." Sandy stated. I glanced over at Kirsten who was holding Cupids bow and arrows.

She shot Seth with the arrow and I laughed. "Hey, you got me." Seth said with a grin.

"Guess who just got shot by Cupids arrow!" Kirsten said excitedly, making me grin.

"Is someone going overboard with the holiday?" Seth asked, poking me in the arm with the arrow. I grinned and grabbed it from him, poking it back.

"Obviously you two seem to be enjoying it." Sandy said smugly and I blushed.

"Any plans for tomorrow?" Kirsten asked the two of us. I smiled and looked over at Seth.

"I figured we'd just go to the Valentine's party."

"Great, it'll be fun." Kirsten stated as Ryan walked in.

Everyone had been pretty wary around Ryan after the accident with Oliver. I think the two of them felt guilty for not believing Ryan sooner.

"How ya doing kid?" Sandy asked.

"I'm okay, I guess." Ryan told him, grabbing a bowl and filling it with cereal.

"Well, you're about to be great, because tomorrow is the big Valentine's Day gala, the benefit for the Newport Memorial's heart department. Big party, everyone's gonna dress up.. just like normal." Kirsten said excitedly.

When Sandy and Ryan just stared at her, Kirsten looked a little embarrassed. "I'm gonna go."

~~~~
I went with Ryan and Seth to help set up for the party. I was helping place tablecloths on tables with Seth when I saw someone who looked familiar.

"I'll be right back." I told Seth, following the familiar brunette.

"Theresa!" I called when she turned and I saw her face.

"Oh my God, Ally, hi!" Theresa greeted, putting down the crate she was holding and hugging me.

"How are you?" I asked her with a smile.

"I'm good. And you?"

"Great, yeah. Hey, do you want to see Ryan? He's here too." I asked her.

"Uh-" Theresa hesitated but was cut off by someone bumping into her.

"Oh, I'm sorry." Ryan stated.

I smiled as he realized who he was talking to.

"Theresa? Hi- uh- what are you doing here?" He asked her in surprise.

"You always had a way with words." Theresa teased and I smiled.

"Are you working here?" Ryan asked her, smiling as well.

"Yeah, I figured what better way to spend Valentine's Day than serving pate to rich people."

Ryan didn't say anything and Theresa blushed.

"Oh these are your friends and neighbors, I forgot."

"It's good to see you." Ryan told her.

I smiled at the two of them before waving goodbye.

I headed back to Seth.

"Hey, who was that you went after?"

"You remember Theresa?" I asked him.

"How could I forget? It was at her house where I saw your infamous musical photo." Seth said and I groaned. "Don't remind me."

"Is she working tonight?" Seth asked me and I nodded. "Her and Ryan seem to be hitting it off."

"That's good." Seth said with a smile.

~~~~

I added the last clip to my hair and stepped back. I was wearing a burgundy strapless dress for the party and had my hair down and curled.

I walked downstairs to see Seth in his tux, looking as handsome as he usually did.

"Wow, you look beautiful." Seth told me, handing me a rose. I smiled brightly and took it. "Thank you. You look handsome."

I stood on my tip toes to kiss him then leaned back. "You ready to go get Ryan?"

"Yeah."

We walked over to the pool house and saw Ryan was putting on his tie.

"Hey, you ready to go?" I asked him, and he turned to.

"Yeah. You two look nice."

"Thanks, so do you. I wonder if you're dressing up for a certain someone." I hinted with a grin.

"Maybe." Ryan said, smiling at me.

~~~~

I stood with Seth and Ryan at the party and Sandy walked over to us. Things seemed pretty icy between him and Kirsten. I was pretty sure it had to do with him not embracing the holiday.

"Hey, if I teach you three anything, don't ever get married." Sandy said.

"I've heard that from you before." Ryan stated.

"Oh, you'll hear it again. I'll be at the bar." Sandy said, walking off.

"Hi, guys." Theresa greeted, walking up to us holding a tray of hors d'oeuvres.

"Hey, Theresa."

"Hi." Seth and I both said.

Ryan just smiled at her.

"Want some of this.. uh, actually I have no idea what it is."

"Odds are mushroom leek crescent crab and brie phyllo. Usually us." Seth told her. I smiled as I remembered that was served at the first Newport party I attended.

Seth and I left the party fairly early, because he told me he had a surprise for me.

When we got home, we both headed to his room. I walked in and laughed as he placed his hand over my eyes.

"Keep them closed. No peeking." He told me.  I nodded, closing my eyes.

"Okay, hold out your hands."

I did so, and felt as he placed something in them. I looked down and saw a toy pony. It was pink and sparkly. It reminded me of his own toy, Captain Oats.

"This is so cute!" I told him.

"Well, I've been promising Captain Oats I'd find him a girlfriend, you know?" Seth told me and I smiled. "I think they look great together." I said, setting the my pony beside Captain Oats.

"Just like us." Seth said, stepping over to me and grabbing my hand. I smiled and leaned up to kiss him slowly.

It was at that moment I felt so in love with him that I knew I was ready.

"Seth, I love you. And I think that we should take our relationship to the next step." I told him.

"You're sure you're ready?" He asked me and I nodded. "I wanted it to be special and it will always be special as long as I'm with you. I want you to be the first."

"Well, I think I have something to ask you first." Seth told me, then stepped to his record player and it began playing a slow song.

"Can I have this dance?" He asked me. I smiled and grabbed his hand, leaning onto his shoulder as we danced. It was the best Valentine's Day I could've hoped for.