||13||

I stared at Seth as he held up a candy cane and a menorah to Ryan and I.

"So what's it gonna be, huh? You want your menorah or a candy cane? Christmas or Hanukkah?" Seth asked, and I grinned at him.

"I don't really-" Ryan trailed off.

"Don't worry about it, because in this house, you don't have to choose. Allow me to introduce you to a little something that I like to call Chrismukkah."

"Chrismukkah?" Ryan and I asked in unison.

"That's right, it's the new holiday, and it's sweeping the nation."

I looked over to see Sandy and Kirsten attempting to bring in a Christmas tree.

"Hey, we got the tree!"

When none of us moved, Sandy gave us a look.

"Boys, a little help?" He asked.

I walked over as did Seth and Ryan. Ryan helped Sandy place the tree down as Seth directed them. Kirsten and I watched from a few feet away.

"We really didn't know how to raise Seth." Kirsten stated to Ryan and I, making me grin.

"That makes a lot of sense." I said, and Seth turned to me, ruffling my hair and making me laugh.

"Yeah, so I raised myself, and in doing so I created the greatest super holiday known to mankind."

"And you call it Chrismukkah?" Ryan asked, to which Seth gasped.

"Just hearing you say it makes me feel all festive. Allow me to elaborate." Seth stated, walking over to Sandy.

"You see, for my father here, a poor Jew growing up in the Bronx l, well Christmas meant Chinese food and a movie." Seth then walked over to Kirsten.

"And for my mom over here -Waspy McWasp- well it meant a tree. It meant stockings and all the trimmings. Isn't that right?"

Sandy nodded, looking amused. "We're very proud."

"I'm not a WASP." Kirsten stated.

"Sure you're not. Other highlights include eight days of presents followed by one day of many presents. So, what do you two think?" Seth asked Ryan and I.

"Uh, sounds great for you guys." Ryan stated.

"For you two, too." Sandy reminded us.

"Hey, dip a toe in the Chrismukkah pool. There's room for all of us." Seth encouraged.

"Isn't there something in the Atwood family tradition that you two would like to incorporate into Seth's uber holiday?" Kirsten asked us, and Ryan and I shared a glance.

"Uh, Atwoods and holidays aren't exactly a good combination." Ryan told them.

"What did you guys do?" Sandy asked us.

"Well, our holidays usually consisted of our mom getting drunk and her current boyfriend beating us up." I stated and the three of them looked uncomfortable.

"Well, this year will be entirely different." Sandy assured.

"New memories. It will be great." Kirsten told us.

"Yeah, well, whatever you want me to do, I'll do." Ryan stated.

"That's the spirit. Come here." Seth stated, opening his arms for a hug, but Ryan walked past.

"It's a big holiday for anyone." Kirsten stated and I turned to Seth.

"Yeah, give Ry some time. He'll come around. We're just not used to having a nice holiday, you know?"