||40||

A lot had happened in the last week. A huge rain storm struck and locked practically everyone inside.

Lindsay found out she was Caleb's daughter, but she left for Chicago with her mother, leaving Ryan behind. He had been stuck in the pool house since, not really speaking to anyone. Today I decided I'd had enough and had to do something to help him. Seth seemed to have the same idea as we met in the kitchen.

"Checking on Ry?" I asked him and he nodded. "I feel terrible. I mean, we have to do something."

I nodded and the two of us headed to the poolhouse. Seth and I shared a look as we saw Ryan was awake, but just lying on his bed.

"Ry, come on. I know that you're upset about Lindsay, but you need to come out of the poolhouse." I told him, opening the blinds and letting the light in.

Ryan didn't say anything and I sighed. "Look, when I was really upset about Seth and I breaking up you refused to let me be depressed."

"Yeah, I also gave you your space. Let you do what you had to do." Ryan said, sitting up with a sigh.

"Thats true."

"But right now, what we need to do is help you. So what can we do? Level with us. Ask and it shall be yours." Seth suggested to Ryan.

"Fine. You two leaving right now."

"Okay, anything but that. Hey..what about Captain Oats, I've seen the way you look at him. Say the word and your pool house is his manger."

"Seth."

"Speaking of which, if you're getting a bit sick of the pool house, we can actually switch rooms, you can have mine. We just thought you liked the privacy."

"I do like the privacy, I would like some now actually."

"Ry, what about we go to the diner? You know we can invite Sum and Ben and it'll be fun-"

"Ally."

"What? I'm just trying to-"

"Ally! Seth! Shut up!"

I glanced at Ryan in shock. He hadn't snapped at me like that in forever. And Seth looked even more surprised than I was. Maybe because he and Ryan always got along.

"Please..this thing with Lindsay, it's different." Ryan told us, looking slightly guilty at our hurt looks.

"Different how?"

"Different as in it can't be fixed by pancakes. I don't mean to take this out on you two."

"No, it's fine it's what I'm here for." Seth stated and I glanced at him. Definitely not what he was here for.

"I just had a lot of people in my life who just left.. I thought those days were gone, but I guess they aren't." Ryan said and I sighed.

"Ry, you're not alone. If you need anything, Seth and I are here. So are Kirsten and Sandy. And that's four people who won't ever leave. So just think about that." I told him. Seth and I glanced at each other and then left the poolhouse.

"Wow, he's really upset." Seth muttered as we walked into the kitchen.

Kirsten and Sandy stood at the counter, not hearing as we came in. I watched in amusement as she accidentally poured coffee everywhere. Sandy grabbed a towel and went to clean it just as she did, and they bumped into each other.

Seth and I exchanged a look and I grinned as I walked to the fridge into their line of sight.

"Hey."