||8||

**A/N. This chapter has a trigger warning. It contains mention of sexual harassment and the abuse of drinking and drugs.***

I stood by Ryan and Seth in the kitchen as we waited for any news. Marissa had ended up being airlifted out of Tijuana. We were all desperate for any sign she was okay.

Summer and I'd been calling to see if either of us knew anything. Julie Cooper didn't want anyone to see Marissa. I knew she probably blamed us for what happened to her.

"Kids, standing here isn't going to help Marissa. Come on, you need to eat something." Kirsten suggested, shoving the plate of bagels towards us.

I looked away from the food. Ever since Marissa's overdose, I felt sick to my stomach. I felt guilty that I'd let this happen to her on my watch. I should've watched her more closely. I should've seen the signs.

"Well, if we're not going to eat, let's just go." Kirsten said.

"I'll take them to school." Sandy told her.

Ryan and I had a meeting with the dean to see if we could be admitted into Harbor.

Seth had to come along to get registered.

I sighed and began to walk out, just as Seth and Ryan did. We all stopped as the phone rang.

Jimmy called and said Marissa was awake. Kirsten, Sandy, Seth, Ryan and I headed to the hospital to see her.

When we got there, I hesitated at the entrance. Seth noticed and looked over at me. "Ally, what's wrong?"

"I'll stay behind. You go ahead." I said quickly, not wanting Seth to know the real reason I didn't want to see Marissa.

Sandy and Kirsten looked back at us.

"You coming?" Sandy asked. "Um, I'll stay with Ally at the car." Seth replied and Sandy nodded before he, Kirsten and Ryan walked into the hospital.

I sighed and turned to make my way to the car.

"Ally, seriously, what's going on?" Seth asked me as we reached the car.

"I'm just not ready to see her yet." I told him, looking away.

"Ally-"

"Just drop it Seth." I snapped. I immediately felt guilty, but it was better than Seth knowing the truth. If he found out about what happened, he might not want me anymore.

A few minutes later, Sandy, Kirsten and Ryan walked out of the hospital. Ryan looked upset about something, but I knew not to ask about it.

We arrived at the Harbor school and I was amazed at how big it was. It looked more like a mansion than a school, especially with the pool and the tennis courts outside of it.

Ryan told us about Julie Cooper threatening to throw him back in juvie if he came near Marissa. I was surprised she wasn't mad at me. Or maybe she was and she would have said the exact same thing if I'd been in the hospital.

"So I don't get it. Luke's the one she should be blaming, not you." Seth remarked.

"She doesn't know that." Ryan replied.

"So why didn't you tell her?" Seth asked him.

"Look, I'm just glad Marissa's okay." Ryan said, then glanced at me briefly. I saw the flash of emotion in his eyes and winced. It brought back the memories of the incident and made me feel exposed.

Thankfully, Seth didn't notice.

"I'm gonna check in with the events committee, so I'll catch up with you two at the dean's office." Kirsten said, looking at Ryan and I.