||33||

I sat next to Ryan at the table, studying for my French test when Seth walked in. Winter break had passed and it was now a new year of 2005. Ryan and I spent most of the break studying as we wanted to keep our grade good for senior year next year.  Seth looked to be holding some sort of photo album.

"Hey man what's going on?"

"Studying."

"Will you two punch someone please? For old times sake?" Seth asked and I glanced up at him.

"Alright fine, algorithms and French words are the new uppercuts." Seth muttered, pulling out the chair next to me and sitting down.

"Now I see it." Seth stated and I looked over to see him looking at an old photo in the album. It looked a lot like Kirsten and after looking for a moment, also looked like Lindsay.

"See what?" Ryan asked, looking over as well.

"I've been looking through old photos of my mom, looking for any resemblance to Lindsay. Look at that."

"Are you trying to make this more awkward for me?" Ryan said with a sigh, taking the album.

"What? It's not like you dating Lindsay is full on incest, you're not even really related." Seth told him and Ryan raised his eyebrows. "Well, you're not, you wouldn't get arrested.."

"Kirsten is like my mom and Lindsay is.. clearly her sister." Ryan told us.

"Well, Kirsten is like my mom too and Seth and I dated." I said quickly and Seth and I glanced at each other.

"Yeah, I guess you two's situation is a little more awkward."

"Well you just have to ask yourself Ryan, is she your aunt or your girlfriend?" Seth asked.

"Ah yes, the age old question." Sandy stated, walking in and going to the fridge.

"That's right, it's the story as old as time really. Boy meets girl, boy likes girl, boy finds out girl is surrogate mothers Illegitimate half sister."

Ryan shut the photo album in frustration.

"I'm guessing it's too soon to joke Seth, even for a Cohen." Sandy told him.

"I just don't know what to do or what to say." Ryan said with a sigh.

"Well have you talked to Lindsay?" I asked him.

"No I wanted to give her space over winter break and let her figure everything out."

"That's all you can do and if she comes back and decides she wants to be part of the family-"

"Then we're done dating, huh?" Ryan asked Sandy, who glanced at Seth and I.

"Well, I couldn't say that. Look at these two."

"We're not dating anymore, Dad." Seth said quickly and I looked over at him.

"Yeah, but you were. Really it's the same concept. Does Kirsten know your seeing Lindsay?"

"She thinks we're just friends." Ryan told him.

"Good, cause I think it's best if the Mrs doesn't find out."

Heels clacked on the floor and Kirsten entered the kitchen, dressed for work.

"Well that's something that every wife wants to hear. Doesn't find out what?"

"How much I love you." Sandy said quickly, going and kissing her on the head.

"Sandy, you don't have to lie to me. I know that Renee's testimony is today and my father's going free."