||32||

It was that time of year again. Christmas. The holiday season I used to dread until I moved in with the Cohens. Until Seth introduced me to Chrismukkah.

Things were so different from last year, but maybe that was a good thing. It kept each Chrismukkah unique.

I helped Ryan and Kirsten bring in the Christmas tree and place it in the family room.

"Mother, did you not clean out the menorah from last year? It's looking a bit waxy."

"I'll get right on that." Kirsten said sarcastically, still struggling with the tree.

"Um, Seth a little help here please?" Ryan requested, but as usual Seth didn't hear him or just chose not to.

"Thanks mom, because we can't afford to cut any corners."

Ryan, Kirsten and I slowly shuffled the tree over to beside the fireplace.

"Careful."

"And I do believe that this is the year that Chrismukkah sweeps the nation."

"Thanks Ryan, Ally. It's so nice to have someone help around the house." Kirsten told us with a pointed look at Seth.

"You're absolutely right, it is, which is why this year I have created a-"

Seth walked out and came back in holding a wheel of some sort.

"-Chrismukkah work wheel."

"Work wheel?" I asked him, raising my eyebrows.

"So that everyone understands their duties this holiday season."

Seth held up the wheel to show us and I realized the wheel was actually just a paper plate cut in four pieces. On each piece there was a head with one of our names on it, except Seth. He was in the middle. The sections were labeled things like interior decorator, holiday spirit, food design and security. Funnily enough, I was in charge of holiday spirit.

"You're kidding me." Kirsten stated.

"Does it look like I'm kidding?"

"Let me guess what your job is." Ryan told Seth.

"Um, I'm supervising, smart ass." Seth stated.

"Wow, that's big of you." I remarked.

"Someone's not showcasinh her holiday spirit." Seth told me.

I rolled my eyes at him.

"Mom, you're in charge of inferior decor, that's gonna mean trimmings, frosting the windows, don't really know or care, just make it classy."

"I'll do my best. I've invited the Nichol's or the Cooper-Nichol's or whatever their called these days."

"They're called Gentiles and a whole slew of them. Now we're really gonna have to put our heads together and do some serious Jew-cruitment. Ryan? Ally? You think you can rope in some Hebrews?"

"Blonde hair, blue eyes." I stated, and Ryan nodded. "Yeah should be no problem for us."

"Fair point my Aryan friends. Okay, where are we gonna find some Jews in Orange County?"

Seth pointed as Sandy walked in, looking agitated about something.

"Father! I have just discovered the ideal job for you this Chrismukkah."

"Chrismukkah.. ugh, leave me out of it."

I watched in surprise as Sandy left the room. The three of us all turned to Seth, who looked stunned.