||35||

I sat in the kitchen while Kirsten called in an order for takeout.

"I'd like to place an order for a delivery. Can I get the crispy noodles with shrimp and the calamari salad.."

"Get the Vietnamese rolls and the chicken with the spicy curry." Sandy told her.

"Um I also add Vietnamese rolls and chicken with spicy curry."

Seth and Ryan walked into the kitchen from the backyard.

"You guys want anything from Typhoon?" Sandy asked them.

"Some pad Thai please."

"Yeah, Mom, will you order a couple gallons of the soup and then the salmon with the chilli lime sauce and dumplings." Seth told her.

I watched as Kirsten rattled off the order then hung up. "We have ordered enough food for a small army."

"I have an idea. Why don't you two invite your female cohorts over?" Sandy asked and I glanced at Seth and Ryan.

"Well, um, Lindsay's with her mom. Family therapy."

"Oh, well, maybe we should leave them to that. What about Alex?" Sandy asked Seth.

"Actually, Dad, Alex and I sort of aren't dating anymore."

"But she organized the party for us." Sandy said.

"Well, she's still my friend."

"Why did you two end it?"

"We both were into other people." Seth said and I glanced at him.

He looked over at me for a second before looking away. Sandy seemed to notice and nodded to himself.

~~~~
I sat down with Summer and Marissa at the lunch table, looking up to see Ryan and Lindsay approaching us.

"Hey."

"Hey." Everyone chimed.

"Uh, do you mind if Lindsay eats with you, I gotta meet Seth." Ryan stated.

"No. Emergency comic book meeting, huh? Ben was summoned too." Summer told Ryan.

"Have a seat Linds." I told her, gesturing to the seat next to me.

"Yeah. For sure." Marissa stated, and Summer nodded.

"Great, thanks you guys, see you." Ryan said before walking off.

Lindsay sat down beside me, looking like she was a little uncomfortable. I realized it was probably because Marissa was Ryan's ex. Plus, Marissa and Summer didn't really have too much in common with her.

"This is so good. Good idea hitting the drive thru for lunch." Marissa stated to Summer about the burger she was eating.

"It'll probably be hours on the elliptical trainer working those off huh?" Lindsay asked with a laugh.

"Coop exercising? Now that's funny." Summer stated with a laugh.

"So you guys can just eat.. cheeseburgers and look like you." Lindsay stated.

"It doesn't make sense to me either." I told her with a small smile.

"So we were just in the middle of planning our girl's night out for this weekend. Do you wanna join us?" Marissa asked Lindsay, making me smile.

"Me?" Lindsay asked in surprise.

"Yeah." I told her and Summer nodded.

"Okay, sure." Lindsay said with a smile.