||2||

I woke up in the Cohen pool house, hardly believing I was back here. Our mother had left without a trace. She wouldn't answer any of our calls and Sandy couldn't get in touch with her.

I looked around the room and saw that Ryan wasn't here. He was probably with Seth. I climbed out of the bed and went to find them. They weren't in the kitchen so I went up to Seth's room.

That's where I found Ryan and Seth sitting on his bed while Seth explained all things comic book.

They looked up as I walked in.

"Hey, Ally." Seth said and I grinned. "Hey, Seth."

Ryan looked between the two of us and I gave him a warning look.

"Come sit down." Ryan said and I did, sitting awkwardly on Seth's bed.

Seth glanced quickly over at me before he began talking again. About an hour later, Seth and Ryan decided they wanted to get into the pool.

I didn't get in as I didn't have a swimsuit. I sat on the edge with my feet in as Seth and Ryan floated around on inflatable floaties.

"You know, if you want to get in, my mom can lend you a suit." Seth told me and I shook my head. "I'm fine."

"You sure? I can ask-"

"Seth, do you really want to see me in a swimsuit that bad?" I joked and he flushed immediately, looking away.

"Hey, come on. Out of the pool. Dinner's almost ready." Sandy said, stepping out.

Seth gave a wave of acknowledgement but made no moves to get out of the pool.

"You know what I was thinking? I think that this being your last night and all, uh, we should do something special. I don't know what." Seth said.

"Possibly get a couple of tattoos or some hookers and lose our virginity." Seth remarked and I laughed.

Seth glanced at me.

"You're two for two." I said, pulling up my shirt to reveal my small butterfly tattoo on my stomach.

"Yeah, Ally got that when she was fourteen. Cried like a baby the entire time." Ryan said, laughing.

I reached down and splashed him with some water, then pulled my shirt down.

"You said two for two? Is it-" Seth trailed off and I grinned.

"Oh, that's Ry. He's had quite a few lovers." I said, smiling at the redness on Ryan's face.

"What about you? You have any big guy with tattoos and piercings back in Chino?" Seth asked and I laughed.

"No. Not my type."

Sandy called us to the kitchen again. I stood up and Seth came over holding out his hand.

I grinned and grabbed his hand to pull him up, but before I could stop him, he and Ryan grabbed my arms and pulled me in.

I shrieked as I hit the water.

When I reemerged, I splashed both of them.

"Told you you should get in the pool." Seth said and I laughed.

"Kids! Come on!" Sandy called then and I walked over to get out of the pool. Seth and Ryan climbed out.

Seth held out his hand to help me up and I took it. He pulled me up and I blushed when I realized how close we were.

"Thanks." I said with a grin.

"You're welcome."

"Ally, you coming?" Ryan asked from the kitchen. I stepped away from Seth and he dropped my hand.