||26||

I stood with Ryan and Seth as we waited for Theresa. It was very tense.

"Thor, it's a strong name, nobody's gonna mess with Thor." Seth stated, trying to break the tenseness.

"Thanks."

"Seth's a good name for a boy too."

"Can we not play the name game?" Ryan asked him.

"Right, sorry, it's premature. She's probably not even pregnant, maybe you shoot blanks."

"I feel much better."

"Sorry, if you're in no mood to kid.. kid-there's an unfortunate choice of a word."

"We don't even know if this kid is mine."

"We don't even know if there is a kid, I mean how much faith can you put in a pee swab?"

"Well, we're about to find out if there's a kid." I stated, gesturing to where Theresa was now walking out of the Family Planning Clinic.

She saw us and walked over. As soon as I saw her face, I knew the results.

She kept quiet though until we got to the house. I knew she was going to tell Ryan, and I only hoped the baby wasn't his.

We walked into the kitchen and saw Kirsten and Sandy kissing, which made Seth cringe.

"Hey, you're not at school." Sandy stated.

"Yeah, we were at the doctors office." Ryan told him.

"Is everything okay?" Kirsten asked, looking concerned.

"Hmm? Yeah, it's fine." Seth said quickly.

"I'm pregnant." Theresa blurted out and everyone looked at her in shock. I could practically see the blood leaving Ryan's face.

"Well, except for that."

~~~~
"Seth, I'm worried about Ryan." I stated as I grabbed a cup of coffee from the coffee cart. I handed him one as well.

"Because of Theresa?"

"No, because finals are coming up. Yes, because fo Theresa." I snapped, then sighed. "Sorry, this is really stressing me out."

"It's okay."

"And Marissa, what is she gonna do if it is Ryan's? I mean, what's gonna happen to Ryan and Marissa? They're like the perfect couple."

"I don't know what's gonna happen. I just wish there was something I could do to help him."

"I thought this summer was just going to be time to relax and finally not have to worry about any drama."

"Well, that's all up in the air now."

"Excellent, there's not enough pain and suffering in the air already."

~~~~
I stood with Sandy, Kirsten and Ryan in the kitchen.

"Does her mom know?" Sandy asked Ryan.

"No, not yet. Theresa's not ready to tell her. Besides, it'll make the whole thing feel way too real."

"I got news for you, it's real." Sandy reminded Ryan.

"Sandy.." Kirsten started.

"There's no point in sugarcoating it. You know how many unwed mothers used to come through my office?"

"We all know how real this is, can we just eat dinner?" Kirsten asked him.

"Alright. Hey look, we're here, and we'll help you through this. We can do it together." Sandy told Ryan, who nodded.