||9||

I looked at my reflection in the mirror and could barely believe it was me looking back. With my polo shirt and white skirt, I looked like every rich girl I used to make fun of. But I also liked the way I looked.

For once, I didn't look like I came from Chino. I grabbed my bag and left my room, heading downstairs. It was the first day of school at Harbor and I wanted to make a good impression.

When I walked into the kitchen, I saw Seth sitting at the counter and Kirsten pouring herself a glass of orange juice.

"Morning." I greeted, going to sit by Seth. Seth eyed me in surprise, and I made a face at him.

"What? Is there something on my face?" I asked him and he shook his head.

"No, you just look.." he trailed off.

"Good, bad, terrible?" I asked jokingly.

"Beautiful."

I blushed and looked away from him. "Can you two not flirt at the breakfast table? I'd like to have an appetite this morning." Ryan said as he walked in.

I tossed a bagel at him, but he caught it and grinned.

Kirsten laughed at the three of us as Sandy walked in.

"How was surfing?" She asked him.

"Cut it short. I wanted to see these three off." Sandy replied.

"Doesn't Seth look rad?" Kirsten joked and Seth groaned. "Oh you do look rad, Seth." Sandy replied, and Seth shook his head in horror.

"You ready to go?" Seth asked Ryan and I, probably trying to escape Kirsten and Sandy.

I was about to answer, but Sandy looked at Ryan and I.

"First day, you two excited?"

Ryan and I both gave Sandy a look. It wasn't that I wasn't excited. I was just nervous.

"Enough said." Sandy said with a grin.

"How do you two do that by the way, how do you convey everything with just a look?" Seth asked Ryan and I. Ryan gave him the look again and I grinned.

"How're you two doing, by the way? Are you nervous?" Kirsten asked Ryan and I.

"Well-"

"Why would I be nervous?" Ryan cut me off. Obviously he wasn't feeling the same way I was. Or maybe he just didn't want anyone to know that he was nervous.

"Because we're going to school with like three hundred Lukes- minus the redeeming social qualities." Seth told him.

"What can those guys do anyways? Ryan and I could just as easily kick their asses." I said and Kirsten made a face.

"Remember, you two, no fighting." She said and I nodded.

"Yeah, Dr. Kim won't be so nice as to give you two a third chance." Sandy added and I winced.

Okay, this year I had to stay out of trouble. No matter how hard that may be.

Ryan and Seth were ready to leave, so I stood up and grabbed my bag.

"You know, maybe this year will be different. Maybe it will be better. It's junior year, after all." Kirsten suggested to Seth.

"Yeah, that's the mantra every year, and every year some water polo player beats me up and shoves me in a locker." Seth remarked and I winced.

"Well, at least you three have each other." Sandy said and Ryan, Seth and I shared a look.

"We're doomed."