Battle

-----Amanda's POV------
"What was that?!" I yell, following Gideon to the vending machine as he starts to press random buttons. "And is this really the time for snacks?!" I yell.

"I'm not getting snacks I'm just- ugh! Just, come on!" Gideon says, opening the vending machine. I look inside to see a staircase.

"W-what?" I question. "A staircase? But wh-"

"Come on we're leaving." Gideon says and I quickly start to move down the stairs, hearing the door close behind us. He moves past me with a lantern and motions for me to follow him down the stairs.

"Can you explain what the heck "twin-bot means?" I ask, following him.

"In your original dimension, I guess it would've been called "the Gideon-Bot" but here it's called the "twin-bot" aka, "the robotic twin." Gideon explained.

"Gideon-Bot? Robotic Twin? Wow these people are sooo good at making names." I say sarcastically.
Suddenly the ground shakes as small bits of rock and metal fall from the ceiling.

"So what are we using to escape anyway?" I ask, running down the metal stairs now.

"You'll see soon enough." He answers. The sentence confused me, but I quickly shrugged it off, I have other things to worry about right now.

I followed him down more stairs until we reached a medal door. He punched in a few random symbols and the door opened, revealing a really old looking elevator.
We stepped in and he hit the 3, which made me wonder what was on floor 2. (A/n: Am I the only person who's curious about what's on floor 2? Because I want to know)

The doors to the elevator open again and we step into a room filled with buttons and monitors.
"Woah... What is this place...?" I asked, looking around curiously.
((MASSIVE SPOILERS IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN "NOT WHAT HE SEEMS" ARE AHEAD))

"The control room." Gideon answers.

"The control room? For what?" I ask, completely clueless.

"The portal." Gideon pauses. "My uncle, his brother, and one of their friends we're working on some portal together. Something went wrong and somehow my uncles brother got trapped in the portal and my uncles been trying to save him for 30 years. My uncle saved him a while ago, ever since then, we've just ignored the portal, but I guess we have to use it again." He explains.

"Wait, your uncle?" I ask.

"Uncle Bud." He explains, reason a few buttons on the monitor.

"I have no idea who that is, but alright." I shrug.

((Okay spoilers are over))

"So what exactly are we going to use this room for? It doesn't look like it has a portal or even a door so-" I'm cut off by the sound of a door opening. I turn around to see Gideon who had opened a door next to a desk-like part of the room that had some sort of red symbol on it.

I slowly walk over to the door and walk into the large room, seeing a huge, glowing, upside-down triangle latched onto the wall.
"Woah... What in earth is this...?" I ask.

"The portal I was telling you about." He answers.

"How do you turn it on?" I ask.

"I started a countdown for an hour, so it looks like we'll just have to hope that they've defeated Dipper and Mabel by then." Gideon shrugs.

"What happens if they haven't defeated them by then?" I ask.

"It starts up anyway." Gideon shrugs.

"And?" I question.

"Then you get in it and travel back to your world." He says.

"What?! I can't just leave them all here!" I shriek.

"Well sorry but you'll have to, Bill said I have to send you back no matter what."

I sigh angrily and walk out of the portal room, and back to the exit.

"You don't know the password to the elevator." Gideon points out .

I sigh again. "So what I'm just supposed to wait here?!"

"yes. That is exactly what your supposed to do." Gideon says.

I sigh again and sit in the chair in front of the desk. 'I really hope their okay up there...'

----- Wills POV-------

I watch Amanda and Gideon walk down the stairs to the portal and give them a small wave, though I doubt they saw me.

I quickly double back and run back into the living room where Bill and William are still sitting.
"Alright. Let's get down to business."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yeah bad chapter I know .

But seriously I love how the title is "battle" but there was no actual fighting.

But anyway I'm gonna go freak out because the new gravity falls episode is tomorrow and I just can't.

Also I'm updating in 2 days (aka July 14th) so see you then!!