Book 6 | Ch. 22 - Unexpected reunion

Royal stood up with his view looking at his injuries questioning how they healed so quickly.

<Royal>

My body feels amazing!

W-what happened Master?

*... The man in your dreams assisted you.*

He can come to reality?

*Well.. think of it this way. We can so~ why couldn't he?* Lilah held onto her parasol spinning it around delicately.

I guess you're right about that.

*Now face that paladin, raise your weapon and fight.*

Gatlin looked completely petrified, all the color in his face was stolen from him.

D-did that man do that to him?

<Lilah>

It's a good thing I snapped my fingers creating an illusion around the area, if it weren't for that everyone would've been running by now. In addition I had also placed an illusion on the paladin so he can't speak of what he saw and would forget the interaction with his greatness.

For now..

I must have the prince take this victory!

*Attack him now, he's defenseless!*

<Royal>

I did as ordered, I leapt at him thrusting into his chest.

He quickly snapped out of it side-stepping away from danger.

The energy coating the arena began to dissipate, everyone watched as I was back on my feet fighting with the intent to win.

"W-what happened? I thought you were defeated, how are you back up?" Gatlin asked, everyone around had the same thoughts.

I didn't respond to him, I didn't want to give him the satisfaction of anything. He wasn't worthy of it.

I'm not sure what that man did to me but..

I feel like I can do anything right now!

Even..

Looking at him in the eyes with vengeance I've kept bottled for years, a secret I've left buried for an entire decade.

I wrapped my blade in smoothened energy and swung his way, he defended my attacks and wasn't on the offensive any longer.

<Lilah>

.. Lord Foras.

If you healed him on purpose with a plan in mind..

This isn't a crutch you've granted him with.. but to even the playing field.

This battle is reaching the end point!

<Royal>

Gatlin parried my weapon upward, my body was exposed.

He bludgeoned my chest to the floor taking the air out of me.

I activated my lotuses around the area, his attention shifted recalling what happened during the coliseum battle with Eric.

Using the little time I had I rolled away gaining some space between us.

"*Huff.. Huff*" Gatlin was starting to show signs of fatigue, I was still under the effects of what the man had give me.

Gatlin clenched his fists, his face was about to explode.

A bright light appeared all around his body, my body began to curl again. It was his holy power.