Book 5 | Ch. 16 - Contract Completed?

*...Oh so long I've waited for this precise~ moment~ to take place.*

*My heir to bear the fruits of his labor, his heart to grow in valor~.*

I shut my eyes despite being blinded and began a conversation.

"Why have you brought me here this time?" I asked with a hint of annoyance in my tone.

*How could one not know by now, boy?*

*You've hardened your mind, solidified your body, and embraced that boundless curiosity of yours.*

*You've met the requirements, endured my trials of torment, read out my sacred commandments, and even had the blessing of sitting upon my very own throne.*

*You.. I'm utmost certain you've come to terms of what transpires next, no?*

I opened my eyes finally to see light enter my pupils, it was violet, almost blinding my view of what was approaching. I could hear it deep down in the halls of the throne room. It was gentle yet authoritative, this presence was beginning to don on me heavily. 

Footsteps rang along inside my ear drums, my arm hairs spiked upward, goosebumps settled in just as hastily. 

My view locked toward the steps as I only realized I was once again sitting upon the throne. I couldn't find the words to speak, my tongue was caught on a hook and suppressed. 

My expressions shifted heavily into doubt and worry, not for what was coming but who was arriving. I hadn't felt this since.. 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒻𝒾𝓇𝓈𝓉 𝓈𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑔𝑜𝒹 𝑜𝒻 𝒹𝑒𝒶𝓉𝒽.

I could hear the steps grow in size, the wind flying past me away from the unknown noise. Then.. a voice called out not from my head but from down below the staircase.

"Your body.. needed the time to adapt to my power."

"That was the sole reason for why you've never been summoned to my calling. For two years I've waited to culminate your weak violet embers."

"But you and I knew.. that the moment you've placed your rear onto that throne you were set for greatness."

Who are you?

"... Who am I?"

"Oh.."

"I wonder such a thing.. at my darkest hours."

Abruptly a portal had formed. 

The footsteps that berated my ears came to a sudden halt with the area shifting colors, dark purple took the stage painting over the violet hue I once took control of. 

The portal erupted a menacing dark magenta creating a thick purple smog at the base of the entrance. The smell was pungent, a familiar scent that I've once took in before. 

I could feel my body being energized from the air radiating out of it.

"Back to the question at hand.."

"Who am I?"

"I was once a king befitting a title that not even dragons could ever reach.." 

"A king that ruled with a true iron fist!"

"A king.. so fitting that you-, my heir will revive my legacy and continue the cycle, also reclaiming my spot in their plan."

A figure protruded from the spiral, a hand clenched tightly with a boot arriving with confidence.

The moment the figure who played the voice in my head exited the portal I could feel the pressure weigh on me filed to the brim of sins.