Book 6 | Ch. 6 - Party System

Strolling Along The Fortress Walls...

Fuck~.. It's heating up today, my resistance can only do so much. 

I wonder if Royal and that idiot Cloudy are cool inside their classes? 

Bastards.. If only I could read or do math like they can. 

That's besides the point! I need tools and items for one of these missions. Where to go is my question?

My hands held the two tablets, I debated which I'd take on, the most reasonable and safe would be the second option.

It's merely scouting, keeping a distance isn't difficult in forest terrain.

A faint gust of wind pressed my back rushing ahead of me, my view shifted where my back was.

"Huh? Who the fuck are you?" I spoke to intimidate the person before me.

"Me? I'm an adventurer like yourself and I have an offer to make to ya kid."' He spotted the slabs that I slid behind my back.

His strength rivaled mine-- no he's better than me. That posture, those eyes, he's confident in the way he's speaking with me. He's not uncomfortable, not even so much as weary of me.

"You? An offer? Please~ don't make me laugh. Most people are out for money, you're no different." I frowned my brows.

"Relax will ya? You're frightening the people with that heat wave." Rogue explained.

I surveyed the area finding people closing in from the atmosphere I was putting out.

"Why don't we go somewhere quieter? Perhaps lunch and beer?" He grinned as if he knew it'd click with me.

"Tch~.. Alright, you're paying then!"

"Ok-ok~." He relented putting his hands up.

The two of us set our sights toward the bar where I had my little incident, definitely nothing important to talk about involving that.

Rogue led the way. His back reminded me of Hunter's, how bulky and unreachable he was. That moment was fleeting once Rogue turned around gesturing me to seat myself.

I went straight to the point finding his laid-back attitude annoying. "So talk now, what is it you want?"

He boldly claimed to me that he wished for us to party up together, in turn he reaps benefits from one of the receptionists for money and possibly more.

So he's aiming for a woman from what I see? Not a bad reward for helping me but I don't like the fact he's acting so chill with me, anyone looking at me normally flinches at least once.

"What'd ya think kiddo? Good?"

 I made it obvious I was skeptical. "Who else is in on this?" My brow raised on one side.

His face titled, his chest swayed right gesturing for someone to walk over.

I only realize now that the table was meant for not two but at least six, a party of members were approaching.

People were listening in on our conversation and I couldn't tell.. fuck how humiliating that is.

Three other people grouped around and took a seat besides Rogue and waited for instructions.

"Let me introduce myself. The name is Rogue, status: Moonlight Knight."

Judging from the rest, they know who I am as well. No need for introductions then, yet... I hate this feeling in my tongue, an icky feeling that wont pass on.