Book 6 | Ch. 14 - Critical Failure

Mickey returned with my rapier in hand, he commented how clean my side was compared to Cloudy's and Nick's were.

"I make it a habit to keep things organized, it's the only way I survived out in the wild."

His eye brows raised before relaxing, likely he was going to say something about it before stopping himself further.

"Everyone, you may stop! Class is now over!" Mickey announced allowing them all to scatter.

The group stayed wanting to see what Royal would do.

Gatlin passed by leaving a strong mark on Royal's performance.

"Don't worry about that kid. He's not going to be a threat to you as long as I'm in the picture, got it?" He acted stern with me but I knew he was being nice about it in his own way.

I took a deep breath in before exhaling.

"Ready."

I enveloped my weapon in violet energy, I pictured a weapon coated in the frame of a second weapon.

The weapon itself shimmered a violet hue, a small amount of energy was radiating off of it but not enough to take a distinct form.

I swear, Hunter's blade was surrounded by his energy and it was large enough to take the shape of a larger sword.

What method did he use to do that?

None of the methods are capable of transforming or configurating the energy to that degree.

*That is something you aren't currently able to handle.*

Lilah~!

*It's Master Lilah, child.*

Wait.. you didn't call me pupil?

*I wanted to see how you'd feel when I call you something you didn't wish for.*

I didn't ask to be called pupi-

*Nonsense, if it were anyone else they'd grovel to be called a pupil or disciple by someone such as myself.*

Never mind that.. explain to me what you mean by I can't handle this.

"Royal?" Mickey wondered finding me taking an oddly long time.

"Are you sure you aren't hurt?" Caroline commented remembering I fell earlier thanks to Bea.

"I-I'm fine. I'm just thinking."

*That is a technique I've seen the man in your dreams create.*

*I'm unsure what it's called but he's the only person too my knowledge to have performed something similar to what you're attempting.*

Well your memory is rather limited no?

*I'm extremely knowledgeable when it comes to teaching, if I forget something thanks to my ability I simply learn it again. I'm a master for a reason.*

"Well.. I'm guessing it's taxing on the body?"

*I'm unsure myself. I have no idea how to use it offensively since I'm not a combatant. I'm simply an overseer and protector of you.*

"What'd you say?" Mickey asked hearing me speak to myself.

"N-nothing just thinking a bit more before I try."

"Ok." He nodded.

*Just understand that this technique requires [Force] to perform.*

[Force]? I'm pretty sure I heard that from somewhere.