Book 6 | Ch. 9 - A Goal That Hasn't Even Began

I'll speak here in case you miss the details, my ability allows me to see major events of the far present, the future essentially.

My eyes are the key to this. With both eyes-- think of them as a coin. Flip one side something good happens, flip the other something bad happens.

At will I can randomly see the good events or the bad events of something within a day all by the luck of the draw.

I cannot physically alter the paths ahead or I'll be struck down by my oath. And no, I will not reveal it for that will spell my end.

But I can encourage and course you to take a path in my place which doesn't affect my oath.

When I activate my power it unveils the uncertain future but doesn't show the fine details of novice scenes, such as the ice cream man hence why I leapt for the sweet, delicate savory-

"You're saying because I failed to comply something bad happened?" I interrupted, her dialogue was beginning to redirect somewhere else.

*No, that was a major event. If you failed to listen to me when you told your servant, Ace I presume? The message you sent in his steed wouldn't have made a drastic difference but it would prevent misunderstandings.*

*A major event will notify me instantly whether or not I use my powers, think of it as an alarm.*

*You don't have to listen to my hearings every time but it's recommended at crucial moments specifically major events.*

Wait.. misunderstandings?

What does she mean by that?

Another thing, pupil. My abilities may seem extremely advantageous toward those who are sided with me. Alas know this.. My powers aren't for show nor a plaything.

Despite everything, the good side can very well lead to people's deaths if they become careless. Similar to the bad side of the spectrum, if people are careful, aware and smart they can escape the situation.

But that doesn't mean always.

My powers also have major downsides not just for those hearing my prophecies but myself.

Every time I use my foresight my memories of the future are wiped after the day ends, plus an additional memory that I have will be wiped.

Meaning I won't remember a small amount of today's events, likely you as well or at least large fragments.

The only things that are permanent in my mind are my name, my oath, my duty.

Although if I don't use my power I'll be alright, my memories will be safe.. for the time being.

I see. That's.. horrible.

*I was born to do this, horrible does not convey the scenes I've witnessed. It's merely something I'm used too.*

*If I were to be so brazen to say if I weren't here.. you wouldn't have needed to run from that abomination lurking at your back since you rushed back to me.* Her face wavered a bit, as if to convey.. in hopes it weren't true.

"You make it seem like its a bad thing to be by your side."

*Perhaps, perhaps not. Depends on how you view it, pupil.* Again, her tone shifted instead, slight but present if focused on enough.

*On another note.. I apologize for laying hands upon you, that was out of pocket.*

"I accept that apology, for now explain why you couldn't tell me."