Book 5 | Ch. 19 - The Winner Is..!

"...Haaah~.. Hah~!"

"Why not surrender? You've done enough. The audience is satisfied with this outcome, you lasting this long already is unheard of, especially when you're a student."

I kept my head up taking in as much air as I possibly could. My eyes were everywhere yet I couldn't keep my focus on one thing. 

I felt like passing out right then and there yet I knew I couldn't despite it being a friendly duel. It would be an insult not only to my family and friends but Hunter who's trained me with everything he had. 

I couldn't just slump over and fall, I-... I can't fall now!

"Don't say I didn't warn you little Roy~!" Ellen shouted slapping her hands onto my head before shocking my brain.

"Ellen! STOP! Are you insane?! You'll cause permanent damage to his brain if you were to use that much energy when he's so drained!" Bay roared scolding her actions.

Eric witnessed my body wriggle crazily, my legs wobbled around, my arms flailed almost as if I was possessed.

"Royal?" Eric asked out of actual concern.

My head slumped down, the pain I felt was dwindling as the exhaustion I had was still present yet not a thorn in my side.

"*Siiiigh~*" I let out a long breath out, the pain was exiting my mouth freeing my of the agony.

"What's going on? The two have stopped fighting? Royal looks as if he's passed out, did he fall unconscious while standing?" The announcer questioned.

"Heh~... Fall unconscious? He's finally getting serious is what's happening." Eric's eyes sparkled silver taking a fighting stance.

Ellen.

"Are you alright, Roy?"

Can you manipulate another target beside me?

"... I can but with your skills and aura levels currently.. you'd die the moment I try."

Bay.

"At your service, little lord."

What else are you capable of?

"I can transfer my strength to you. I'll do so now."

Wait..

"..?" Bay stopped not understanding his plan.

I'll tell you when. Just. Wait.

"Of course my little lord."

My eyes exploded with life as I took a strong stance even rumbling the ground.

"Those eyes.. you're really going to push yourself this far? You remind me of another annoying person." Eric frowned not in favor of harming a teenager.

I leapt at the guild master shocking even him as he barely dodged in time. I assaulted his legs aiming to prevent him from moving, yet he knew my plan and already made counter measures.

He jumped up using my back as a springboard and gained enough distance to not allow surprise attacks.

"Little Roy.. He's merely playing with you. You should already understand this. You can feel his power right? He's starting to unleash it."

Eric lifted his hand up to his chest as he conjured a silver light on the palm of his hand. In the blink of an eye he disappeared from my vision completely with all the sand nearby lifting.

"Wha-!? Where did he?!" I let out from my tongue.

"What is this?! The challenger, Royal is panicked! Is there something we cannot see?"