Book 6 | Ch. 8 - Eyes Of Destiny

"GAH~!" I cried out, my chest flailing upward in panic.

Looking around Cloudy was still asleep, Nick was somehow up before me and gone. What a strange day already, compared to yesterday though it's nothing.

It was around eight in the morning, Caroline still slept soundly but I had to get her up and explain what happened yesterday.

"H-hey~." I whispered to her hoping she'd wake up soon.

Sooner than later I shook her gently to no avail eventually leading me to being a bit rougher.

"Mhmm~... No.. Father~. Sleep~.." She murmured in her sleep cutely.

Ok I can't do it. My heart feels weird, it'll probably fail on me for some reason if I keep going.

I stumbled away grabbing my things in the process, today was a free day off thanks to the events yesterday so I might as well make the most of it.

Now begs the question..

Wheelchair or on foot?

*Allow me to answer this for you.* Lilah popped into my head without warning.

Wha-?! Oh-- You scared me doing that.

*Wait.. who are you again?*

... How in the world-.. never mind.

"It's Royal, I'm the one who that man told you to look after."

*R-roy-al? Oh right. Heed my words and avoid going on foot the first time without a guide.*

"You know this how?"

*Think of it as a gut feeling, premonition even if you will.*

I sat onto my seat and pushed at my wheels sending me forward. Before leaving I turned back seeing Cloudy still asleep, Caroline snoozing away.

I'm certain Cloudy will be up before her so I'll leave the explanations to him.

I closed the door behind me and pushed myself along the hallway of the boys dorm.

Outside was bright and sunny, the wind freshly breezing by, the trees flowing naturally.

Strolling along I decided to check by where Ace lived.

"He said it'd be somewhere around here I'm certain." I leaned around a corner nearby the bar finding rows of doors, presumably rooms.

"Ah-ha! This one." I knocked waiting for a response, a pair of feet could be heard moving along the inside.

"One second!" A man shouted from inside.

I could hear someone rushing along in a hurry until the door opened wide revealing Ace tidying up the place.

"Oh-.." He perked up for a moment until he saw me and became dejected for a second.

"Not who you were expecting?"

"No but I'll make do with you for now until the expected person arrives."

"Who is it?" I leaned to the side seeing if there were any hints, none I could find.

"Psh~.. No way I'd tell you."

Hmm.. Judging from his tone it's someone important, that's all I can make out.

Aside from that.. What now?

*Reveal to him everything that's happened.* Lilah explained with little energy.

Eh? I thought I wasn't supposed to tell people, you know since you made me sit in this.

*Trust my guidance for the time being or agony will ensue.*