Book 6 | Ch. 13 - Aura Blade

*Say pupil..*

What is it this time, Master Lilah.

*There is a high amount of uncertainty in the air, could it be that you humans have finally understood that life is nothing without sweets?*

Is that all you can think of?

But now that you mention it.. there is something off about today.

Everyone seems worried, it's not nearly as lively today.

Could you tell me what your eyes see?

*Nothing.*

Are you being serious or are you twisting those words again?

*Pupil, I haven't lied to you yet about my foresight. I can only see a day ahead, nothing more.*

Well-.. never mind.

I think it's finally time to check in at school, I'm falling behind on learning like this.

*Knowledge is power afterall.*

You know I only just realized because it felt so normal but all of you great demons can read my mind can't you?

*We're bound by soul pupil, of course we can sense, hear and feel one another.*

That reminds me.. do you have parents, Master?

*Of course, though they're dead.*

That's-.. sorry~.

*No it's common place among my race, the mother would devour the male after a child is given.*

*I don't have memory of my mother though.. the man in your dreams restricted it from me since I wished for it..* 

*Although I haven't a clue why I made that choice but I like to leave things best unturned.*

*Speaking of mother.. my daughter is likely hiding somewhere being a rowdy little bundle of havoc.*

My face twisted hearing her.

You're a mother~?! I cried out in disbelief.

*Why yes, I'm over  3,000 years old-- I think?*

Her eyes suddenly brightened and shimmered, her posture jolted upward before she held her forehead lightly.

"Huh? Where am I~?" She spoke aloud, her uncomfortable look added with the stress.

Oh- that's right it's been a full day.

I explained to her the details, surprisingly she remembered who I was excluding what happened at the graveyard, Ace and the free time we spent yesterday.

*I understand now. So you will be heading to school?*

She somehow remembered that?

*Yes, my powers wipe aspects of my memory but not the additional details, so if something doesn't add up I can normally piece things together with some help.*

I keep forgetting you can even read my inner thoughts.

*We're bound by soul pupil, of--*

I already heard that from you. It was moments before your memory wiped.

*I see~..*

*The air is--*

That too.

Her face puffed up, she gave a look of annoyance before returning back to her usual blank self.