Book 5 | Ch. 21 - A Clue That Comes With Violence

To start it off simple.. Nick's abilities are rather simple on paper. He can burn his surroundings with fire and heat, what isn't known is that he has the capabilities of burning aura away with enough concentrated force put into his actions. 

"It uses almost all of his capacity for the day alas thanks to that here we are."

"His instincts were screaming that something was going to happen and as a force of habit he placed himself and us in a small barrier that burnt away the spell getting near us.

"That's... such a strange animalistic habit~." Eric sighed, almost letting out a chuckle.

"It sounds crazy, I was thinking the same thing when I first witnessed it but it's no lie Sir Eric." Cloudy sternly commented wanting to get his point across.

"Now that, that's solved.. Please explain guild master." Caroline pressed for answers.

"*Sigh*.. I will be frank with you all. I haven't a single clue either. That boy over there.. something is hiding inside him and it's beyond my status."

"Then what about the monster in the sky?" Ace questioned leaving no space to think of a way to get out.

"The boy called for it. It was a number, thirty to be exact."

"That's such a random thing to say? Do you have any idea why'd he say such a thing?" Nick joined the conversation now that Royal was in the mix.

".. I would've revealed everything to you by now if I knew anything at all." He spoke the truth implying there was no benefit of interrogating him.

"Augh~! Dearest Veronica~.. Y-you're squeezing me rather tight no-!?" He groaned feeling her arms strengthen around his ribs.

"I'm very disappointed and upset with you right now." Veronica pouted getting closer than most normally would.

"For what reason would get you so disgruntled~?" Eric asked as if he didn't know the reason for her distress.

"Father~..." She gave a menacing stare, ready to lay onto him revealing her status to everyone.

"What did I tell you before this match~! Do you have any idea how worried I was?! I thought you wouldn't survive! I begged you to not continue yet you did so despite my pleas!"

"My little daughter-.." He was interrupted before he could even start sweet talking her into backing down.

"You're not the same as you used to be! If mother were here-!"

"I know, she would've went on a tirade all because of my foolish and rash actions. You take after her in that aspect." Eric smiled forgetting he was supposed to be lectured.

"That's not something you should tell your daughter, especially if its negative remarks." She buried her face onto his chest as sniffles could be heard.

[𝓥𝓮𝓻𝓸𝓷𝓲𝓬𝓪 𝓥𝓸𝓷 𝓓𝓾𝓮𝓼]