Book 6 | Ch. 21 - Paladin Of Light Versus Prince Of Darkness

A few minutes prior..

*pu-..pil.*

...

*...--pupil.*

...

*Pupil!*

AH~! *Huff* *Huff* Wh-- what?

I could hear everyone chatting to the left, Mickey standing on watch to the right.

*I've been trying to warn you but you've been spacing out since you got to this place.*

Warn me about what?

My breathing was harsh, I felt like I've seen a ghost.

I looked ahead to see Gatlin holding his weapon, he was completely ready to fight. My vision began to blur, my heart was drumming full force, I couldn't control my panic. Reality was finally beginning to hit me.

*Pupil, snap out of it!* Master Lilah shouted at me getting me out of my trance.

Everything slowly shifted to normal, I hesitantly glanced at Master.

*Gulp* I-I'm listening~.

*The person I've been warning you about, the one who wields the light of Helena.*

I panned my vision toward Gatlin. I didn't need words to understand why I've been feeling like I've seen my worst fear.

He was the one who harbors the goddess power?

It makes more sense why I've been so afraid of him aside from the fact that he's tortured me. I recollected a moment in the dream realm that the man had said.

"That paladin..."  The man in my dream revealed.

He knew already..

Things are finally starting to make sense..

Why he harbors so much hatred for me..

Why he avoided conflict with Cole.

He's a light that was meant to smother the darkness out of existence. A paladin that vanquishes the night forces regardless of its intentions. I hesitantly inspected his gear from a distance.

A large shield made of wood and iron, a Morningstar that could be spun with grace. It's exactly what a paladin should be.

*He even emits a faint light, those sparkles above his head. That is Helena's light, although but a droplet, it's still causing an effect on you.*

What about you~.. do you not feel anything~? I said as my gauntlets shook feverishly.

*I don't fear them. All I feel is disgust.* Lilah explained in a tone mimicking her emotion.

Lilah could see my hands shaking, I was practically quaking in my boots.

*I will assist you, I'm no guide this time, I will aid you in this battle.* She created a physical form wrapping my head around her.

I'm still scared.

Is that ok~?

*Fear is something everyone has, it's normal even for most demon generals. It's how they use that fear is where they differentiate from others.*

*For you.. it's something abnormal because you only truly fear a handful of beings.*

*You need to learn to harness that and use it.*

I don't know if I can~.

*I'll be here, no need to fret.*

"Everyone count down from ten!" Mickey announced, I panned to my left, everyone was watching.