Chapter 42

*Grace's P.O.V*

I stare at my dad with a pout, sitting with my arms over my chest. I am currently sitting on the tailgate of his truck, watching him mess with the fishing rods. He's trying to put a fishing hook on the line but failing repeatedly.

"You are bad at this for someone who fishes a lot papa," I say, making him glare at me past his fisted hand for a second before he goes back to tying it on.

"Calling me papa doesn't take away from you being rude," Dad says, making me smile innocently. I squeal when he pulls me off the tailgate, making me stand next to it. "Put on your sunscreen," he says, making me pout.

"Why do I have to wear sunscreen? I don't need it, the sun is barely visible," I huff as I cross my arms. He raises an eyebrow as I stand there, not moving until he speaks.

"The first reason is because I said so, the second is your mother will kill me if you don't and get burned, and the third is because yes, you can still get sunburnt. Clouds don't block UV light unless it's overcast, in which case we would not be fishing," Dad says. I pout as I walk around to the front of the truck, going to the passenger seat as I open the door. I grab the sunscreen, sloppily spraying some on. I walk back to the back of the truck, making him hold out his hand.

"I already put it on," I whine as I hand it over to him. He sighs as he looks at me, giving me a look that says he doesn't want to put up with anymore whining. However he is dealing with me so he should just get used to it.

"Grace," Daddy says in a warning tone and I pout, bowing my head as he has me hold out my arms. I do so reluctantly, letting him spray them with sunscreen. He sprays my legs which I had 'forgotten' to do. Who am I kidding, I purposefully didn't spray them.

"Close your eyes," Daddy says and I close my eyes, not lifting my head at all. He has to tilt my head up and I hear him spray some sunscreen. However it doesn't hit my face so I hesitantly open my eyes, seeing him spray it on his hands. I close my eyes again when he uses his hands to put it on my face.

"Why didn't you just spray it on my face?" I ask, squeaking when he sprays around the neckline of my dress.

"That's cold," I huff as I step back. Luckily, I'm not sure for him or me, he is done putting it on me.

"Because the last time I sprayed it on your face, you opened your eyes and your mother nearly killed me for it," Daddy says. I try to remember what he is talking about but it's just a blank for me so I stare at him with a frown.

"You sure that was me? You're not getting me mixed up with something that happened with Zahira or Elena?" I ask.

"I know my daughters, thank you very much. And I know it was you because you refused to leave your mother's lap for the entire rest of the day," Daddy teases, making me pout. How dare he tease me? He was just mad that Mommy's lap was better to sit on than his. Now that he mentions that though, I do remember that when we were on a trip to the beach he did get sunscreen in my eyes. It certainly wasn't my fault even though I had opened my eyes after he told me to shut them. That was his fault for not expecting me to do so though.

"You're just mad cause Mommy didn't want to go swimming with you afterwards," I state, knowing that I am right.

"That is not true," Daddy states.

"Is so. You wanted to go swimming with Mommy and kiss her," I say as I stick my tongue out at him with a disgusted look, squealing when he flicks my forehead.

"You are a brat," Daddy informs me, a small smile creeping across his lips.

"Nu uh," I shake my head, firmly disagreeing with him. I was not a brat, I was a perfect angel and that was something that an old man like him can't understand.