Chapter 24

*Grace's P.O.V*

Finding it better and way less embarrassing to stay quiet, mommy finally stops bouncing me once I start groaning in complaint. Turns out being bounced with a full stomach isn't a very good combination if you are trying to keep the food down. Feeling guilty about her actions, she gives me extra attention and care so it's a win in my book.

Soon after the bouncing stops, I feel mom rise but she surprisingly keeps me in her arms, settling me on her hip once again. She supports me with one hand while the other carries my dirty plate. Watching her drop it in the sink, she then moves to the fridge and opens it before taking out a mostly eaten pecan pie. It's my favorite pie! I didn't even know she had it and it's almost gone too! This is so unfair!! Why do I have to be so full!! I knew I shouldn't have eaten those nasty green beans!! Now I'm probably not going to get any of this pie because daddy will eat the rest of it... I just know it.

Watching as she puts it down, she cuts a very thin slice out of it before transferring it to a clean plate and taking it and me back to the table. Place the pie down first, she then sits with me and takes a moment repositioning us so we are both comfortable. Of course she faces me so I have no choice but watch her eat this pie slice and I'm never going to forgive her for it!

Grabbing her fork, she breaks off a tiny piece of the pie and takes what feels like forever and a half to finally eat it. She seems to be testing the pie by the size of her bite and the way she kind of nods in approval. Maybe it's old with it being almost gone. It seems to meet her approval though as she breaks off a bigger piece this time. I eye it as she lifts it up and pauses, starting her conversation with daddy again.

It only paused  the conversation after she took a bite of the pie... well, I say pause but it was really mommy stopped talking and daddy filled the silence with his talking. I wish she would stop talking and eat the bite already. Instead she is just leaving it hovering in front of my mouth... in front of my mouth? Is this for me? Is this my bite of the pie?

Looking up and back at mommy, she glances down at me with a questioning look. I can't help but look at her hopefully, causing her to smile down at me. When I look back at the pie piece, she moves it closer to my mouth and that's all the invention I need. I immediately open my mouth and chomp down on the piece and it tastes heavenly. I might have slightly moaned when I first tasted it again, earning a chuckle from my mommy. Savoring it despite my embarrassment, I'm surprised when I see another piece waiting for me.

Forgetting how full I am, I again quickly accept it and this time suppress the moan of delight. The delight doesn't last long though as by the last couple bites, I feel like I'm about to burst, I'm so full. Sadly, when she brings probably the second to last bite, I hesitate on accepting it. When mommy moves it closer, almost touching my mouth, I have to turn my head away as the thought of eating it makes me suppress a gag as I push it away from me. Mommy seems to either take pity on me or just understands my plight and finishes the pie for me. Satisfied, I collapse into mommy's hold, going almost limp. That is until I hear the conversation turn towards me.

"Speaking of that, are we keeping our girl in pullups then?" Daddy asks.

"No... they are just for when she is sleeping... for now. We will see how she does. I'm pretty sure she is past day time accidents but it's not like she will tell us if she wasn't. Her current outfit is because of her nap and me not wanting to change her yet. The state of her shirt speaks for why, I think." Mommy says, earning a chuckle from daddy and making me hide my face when I look down and see the stains.

"She always was a messy eater. Maybe this morning's bib should be a regular thing then?" Daddy asks, making me blush even further.

"Maybe. I would need to find bigger ones though. Jazmin's are a little small for our girl and tight on her. Cause of that, it was honestly more for show than actually keeping her shirt clean." Mommy says.

"Oh... I actually might be able to solve that little problem. While we thought she wouldn't fit in the goodnights, I was struggling to find a solution. I was actually on my way to a store that seemed to solve that problem until you texted me that she will fit." Daddy says.

"Really? What store was that?" Mommy asks then almost like they both just remember I'm here on her lap, look down at me. Mommy then covers my ears so I can't hear anything more that is said about me!

This is so unfair. They are talking about me, in front of me, and I'm not allowed to hear it!? Trying to get free of her hands, I finally succeed and of course they are done with the conversation I wasn't allowed to hear.

"Huh... and it's close by?" Mommy asks.

"Close enough. Maybe 25 minutes, give or take. If they actually have the stuff, it would be easier on all of us. I know how you get with the quality from online purchases." Daddy says, earning an eye roll from mommy.

"Don't give me that. Every mother wants the best for her children. Plus, I'm not spending good money on something that feels cheap. I want what I buy to last." Mommy snaps at him.

"I wasn't criticizing you, dear. Just saying you aren't the one that has to return everything that you decide isn't up to your standards. I already deal with it when it comes to Jazmin's stuff... I would prefer not to do the same with Grace, if we can help it." Daddy tells her. At this point, I can't help but cut in.

"Don't I have a say in this?" I say, blushing after I draw both their attention suddenly.

"Do you want a say?" Mommy asks, raising her brows at me, acting surprised.

"Do I get a say?" I ask in return.

"Why wouldn't you get a say?" Daddy asks me.

"Wasn't I supposed to stay silent?" I ask in return, earning a confused, concerned look from him.

"Grace... why would you think we wanted you to stay silent? You were free to join the conversation at any time..." Daddy says and mommy cuts in, repositioning me so I'm able to look at both of them more easily.

"I think that was my fault. I was feeding her while she was opening her mouth to talk. It's just easier that way because I'm not fighting for her to open her mouth. My guess is Grace thought it meant I was telling her to stay quiet. I do it with Jazmin and it's the only time we can keep her quiet. Everyone knows she doesn't need any encouragement to start talking again. I swear, the only time she isnt talking is when she is eating, drinking, or sleeping... anyway, I'm sorry for that Grace. What would you like to add to this conversation?" Mommy clarifies for the both of us.