Chapter 89

*Fami's P.O.V*

I carry her up the stairs, bouncing her slightly as I know she won't be so happy when it comes to changing out of her clothes and putting her in the bath. I tried to be gentle with her to prevent the mess spreading more but my little Gracie decided to help me out by excitedly bouncing in my arms, making it a pointless endeavor.

"Let's get your bath run before I deal with this very stinky, full diaper," I coo as I carry her to the bathroom, making her start bouncing anew. As we enter my bathroom, I watch Grace pause and blink in confusion. She clearly didn't like the room, trying to wiggle from my hold to escape out of this room.

Her babbles of annoyance aren't lost on me either and I smile softly as I kiss her cheek, carefully leaning down to turn on the water. I watch it, checking the temperature carefully by making sure it's not too hot. Grace decides she's clearly got to help so she thrusts her whole hand in it, trying to submerge it in the running water before trying to play with the knobs.

"What a little helper you are," I say as I kiss her cheek. She smiles, her attention on the water as I put the stopper in and leave it to run. I know I should have her ready to go in the tub by the time it's done running but just in case I turn it on low before adding some scented bubbles. I carry her to her room next, making her reach for the bathroom behind us.

"Mamamama," Grace babbles as she grabs onto my face, giving me a big old kiss. I return the favor which makes her nose wrinkle up. She seems to be suddenly disgusted by my affection and shows it, pushing me away so of course I give her more.

"Bleh," her tongue sticks out as her nose wrinkles up, making me gasp as she wipes it all off.

"Bleh to you little Missy," I say as I dramatically plop her onto the changing table, bucking the strap before she can react. She doesn't even seem to notice she's been put down for a moment but when she does, it's instant tears and flailing. Tears that only get worse when I undo her overalls and tug them down, revealing her giant diaper for the first time.

"I know, I know. Mama is just the worst and can't just let you stay in your dirty clothes and diapee," I say as I tug her overalls off, making her squeal in protest as her legs kick out. She doesn't seem to have much control over herself and her kicks are weak at best, easily being seized by me and put back down.

I place my free hand on her stomach, rubbing in a small circle. Grace pouts in confusion when my other hand starts to undo the tape on her diaper. I have to stop rubbing her stomach to fully untape it. I wrinkle my nose up as I grab her legs, lifting them up to inspect the damage. With her bottom floating, I get a full picture of the giant, oh so smelly mess Grace has so graciously created and constantly made worse for me. Getting to work, I tug the diaper out from underneath her and use some clean sections to wipe some of her mess off her bottom before rolling it up. I dispose of it as quickly as possible, hearing Grace start crying again as I do so.

"I know baby, mama is the meanest mama ever. I can only imagine how cold you must be without your nice, warm diapee," I say as I grab some wipes and start to wipe her clean. I have to be careful to make sure to clean her thoroughly and I'm thankful that she is so little right now or else she would be so embarrassed she'd never speak to me again.

"Fussy baby, fussy baby, mama's wittle fussy baby. Stinky baby, stinky baby, mama's very stinky baby. Clean baby, clean baby, mama's special smelling baby!" I coo as I finish wiping her off, throwing the wipes away after each use. I undo the strap going across her stomach, sitting her up after a moment. I tug her shirt off, making Grace go startlingly quiet when her shirt is up over her eyes. As soon as it's off her, she makes cooing noises and smiles at me, leaning into my arms.

"Oh, so now you're all happy? No fussing because Mama got you ready for your bath?" I ask as I lift Grace up, earning a babble of protest from her. I raise an eyebrow, setting her back down. I have to keep a hand on her back to support her but she seems much happier now that she's sitting up by "herself".

"Bahbahbah," Grace babbles as she reaches for me, grabbing onto my shirt. As soon as I try to lift her up though it's instant tears.

"Nothing makes you happy baby," I coo as I wipe away her tears, watching as she presses her face into my shirt. I bounce her, rocking her slightly as I carry her to the bathroom. The tub has filled about halfway and full of bubbles so I carefully sit her down in it, reaching to turn off the water.

Grace immediately splashes in the water, soaking me and everything around me. I chuckle as I internally curse myself for not grabbing her bonnet off the counter. I can't exactly leave Grace alone for a second to grab it and I can't take her out without soaking myself.

I lift her up, sighing as water falls all over the floor. I carefully step over to the counter and grab her bonnet, taking her back to the bath and plopping her back in it. She had started crying as soon as I took her out of the bath and her tears didn't stop once she was back in the tub either.

I put her bonnet on, struggling to do it one handed since I have to keep Grace propped up with one hand. She splashes around in the water, trying to kick her legs to make big waves. I chuckle as I grab a washcloth I had put on the edge of the tub earlier in the day and grab the bar of soap. I lather up the washcloth before I carefully start to scrub her.

"Bahabh," Grace tells me, making me nod. Her babbles make me smile as I can't help but find her adorable. She squeals happily when I scoot her back in the tub, liking the waves that are made.

"Such an interesting story baby," I tell the little girl who is still babbling away. I let her play with the water as I continue to wash her, making sure to thoroughly scrub her. She doesn't like it but she lets me, happy to just play in the water.

"I wish you could be this little every time you took a bath, would make it so much easier on mama since I could make sure that you're this clean every time," I say as I pull on the drain, making Grace kick at me. She doesn't seem to understand the noise and tries to throw herself into my arms.

"Such a scary drain," I coo as I scoop her up, getting her bundled up in a soft, warm towel. I may be soaking wet, the floor may need to be dried, but at least it was done. I was definitely going to hand off bedtime to Matias though, once I got her dressed so he could deal with the hopefully not too fussy and exhausted baby.