Chapter 74

*Grace's P.O.V*

"We were....were playing tag," I finally manage to speak, too scared to try and avoid the question. "I didn't....it's not allowed?" I ask hesitantly, meeting Zahira's gaze. It was a different feeling being in trouble with her. I didn't feel scared, I mean not like I do when I know I'm in trouble and have to have a punishment from Mommy or Daddy, but I was more so anxious about Zahira and what she would think.

"I understand that part, Grace. I'm not asking about you playing tag. I'm talking about the fact that my living room has been completely ripped apart and I want to know why," Zahira says, making me glance around.

She was right, the living room was a mess. The cushions were off the couches, the cat tower had been turned over and the puzzle boxes were making teetering little towers. There were also toys everywhere, most of them having been put out as a way to nearly trip the other person. Jazmin had started it so I had just followed her lead. It was only fair.

"I....," I trail off, not sure what to say. I mean I couldn't say that I was sorry cause I wasn't sorry. I had been having fun and now it was over with, all because Zahira had come in here. My anxiety lessens slightly when Jazmin is scooped up into Zahira's arms.

"I'm going to claim this disaster as my fault. I should have never left two... you two alone without supervision. Lesson learned though and it's time for a nap, I think. Especially seeing how someone here barely slept last night, and needs one before they get cranky." Zahira says and hearing that makes me give Jazmin a look of sympathy. First because naps suck and are terrible and secondly because I also didn't sleep very well last night so I know she must be tired right now, like I am.

Seeing her snuggle into Zahira and not really care what she is saying, I can't help but give her a confused look. Surely she should have some reaction to her mommy saying she will be cranky soon, right? Looking at Zahira, I realize she isn't even looking at Jazmin but at me, with her hand held out for me to take. As the realization that Zahira was talking to me hits me, my eyes go wide and I can't help but take a step back. I was not being put down for a nap by Zahira! No way was that happening! My step back earns a sigh from Zahira as she puts Jazmin down.

"Sorry, snuggle bug, but it looks like someone needs to be carried more than you right now." Zahira says and before I can properly react, I find myself on Zahira's hip while she is taking Jazmin's hand in hers.

"Now... let's get you two ready for your nap!" Zahira says as she starts carrying me into the hallway while guiding Jazmin by the hand. Too mortified that I'm actually the one being carried right now, I don't even register the fact it's for a nap anymore.

I just can't help but think about how much of a baby I probably look like to Jazmin right now, with Zahira "needing" to carry me. She should be the one being carried and I should be guided by... no, I'm a big girl and can follow behind without assistance. I was just confused and Zahira took full advantage to embarrass me. Yeah! This is all Zahira's fault. She probably set me up just so she could embarrass me like this. I would have so followed along to take a... nap... if I was given more of a chance.

As we pass the bathroom, Zahira guides Jazmin into it and instructs her to use the potty before getting ready for her nap. She tells her that she should be ready and in bed by the time she is done with the cranky one, bouncing me slightly so she knows who exactly, which earns a giggle from Jazmin at my expense. Trying to look angerly at Zahira for embarrassing me like that and for calling me cranky because I was not cranky, it mainly goes unnoticed! My glare was mainly me looking embarrassed at her, only making my situation worse as she gives me a very fake sounding sorry as she helps guide my head down to hide in her neck before rubbing my back. It does feel nice but not as nice as when mommy does it.