Chapter 97

*Grace's P.O.V*

I squirm full of energy once Mommy lifts me up off the changing table, ready to go now! I didn't want to wait any longer cause we had to go to the zoo right this instant or it might close.

Instead of going though, mommy sets me down in front of the closet, grabbing onto my arm when I try to run off. I glare at her, crossing my arms over my chest as she uses her free hand to look through my closet.

"Mommy, zoo! Gonna close! Go now," I grumble, huffing when Mommy pulls me closer to her before letting go and pulling out a short romper. It's cute, floral and frilly which I like so I watch as she bunches it up and crouches down. I grab onto her shoulders, lifting one leg up carefully and putting it through the leg hole before doing the same with my other leg.

Mommy pulls the romper up, pulling the sleeves over my arms as I pout at her the entire time. She chuckles, scooping me up and kissing my cheek once she's finally done after taking forever.

"I know, I'm so mean because I want you to actually be dressed and eat breakfast before we go," Mommy says, making me whine about the fact that I have to actually eat breakfast. Breakfast was an everyday thing! The zoo was not so it was way more important. Zoo now, breakfast later!

Picking me up, mommy pats my bottom as she carries me downstairs, plopping me in my booster seat before I can even try to wriggle out of her arms and escape. She's much too quick with buckling the straps of it too, causing me to pout and whine at her for that. I even try to undo them but she must have used magic or something to keep me from being able to undo them. It's the only reason I can think of on why only I can never figure these stupid straps out! Even Jazmin can unbuckle herself!

I grunt, trying to undo them and Mommy taps my hand warningly. I couldn't call it a smack since she barely touched my hand but it was enough of a warning for me to know it was time to leave it alone. I sink down in my booster seat as much as I can with my arms crossed, staring at the table with a pout. I just wanted to go to the zoo! Why couldn't Mommy just take me now?! Why does she have to be such a meanie head!?

I still glare at the table even when Daddy sets a plate of waffles and bacon in front of me. Daddy was a good cook but I didn't want to eat now. If I didn't eat then we could leave sooner and I could see the giraffes! I wanted to see the giraffes so badly.

"We're not leaving until you eat your breakfast so your hunger strike to make us go faster isn't going to work the way you want it to," Mommy says dryly, making me whine as I reluctantly pick up the fork she gave me. It was a stupid baby fork, one that was bright pink and was plastic! I didn't need to use a plastic fork, I was big enough to use a real one. I'm tempted to just throw it in frustration but I still remember the last time I did that and it was years ago so I think better of it.

Mommy didn't seem to agree about the fork though seeing as she pushes my seat in close to the table and then puts a bib around my neck. It was one of those silicone ones that could catch whatever babies dropped. I wasn't a baby though so I didn't need it and I hated this one the most!

"Don't Grace," Mommy says warningly when I start to reach up to take it off. I pout, wondering why I had to wear the stupid bib. Mommy answers my  question before I can even ask it though.

"I don't want you to get food and syrup all over your romper so I'm trying to help you minimize the risk of needing a change. If I have to change you it will only take even longer to go the zoo and we don't want that," Mommy warns and reminds me, making me drop any protest I had. I didn't want to have to be changed again! That would take forever!

With her warning in mind, I carefully start eating. It's actually not that hard to eat with the baby fork so I guess I should be grateful she didn't give me a real one. The real adult ones always seemed to let my waffles slip off. Purely their fault and not mine in any way shape or form! It also helps that daddy cut them into tiny pieces for me beforehand but he didn't need to go so small. It's almost no fun eating them when they are this small!

I reach out when Mommy holds out an applesauce packet, taking it as I sip from it happily. I love when she gets me the applesauce packets cause they're my favorite to drink.

"You bring to zoo?" I ask hesitantly, wanting to have something to drink since the zoo would probably be hot.

"Thank you for asking. Yes, I'll bring plenty for you to drink and pack some packets for you. What snacks do you want me to bring now that we are on that topic?" Mommy asks, gently rubbing my back as I go back to eating. I start to talk through a mouthful of food because how else am I supposed to answer her but Mommy clears her throat as soon as I start to do so.

"Sorry," I apologize after I swallow what I had just eaten.

"Can you bring penguin crackers?" I ask. They were like goldfish but a lot better. They weren't as heavy and were much cheesier.

"Of course baby, I'll bring your penguins," Mommy says as she kisses the top of my head. She sits down next to me after wiping my face of syrup, starting to eat her own breakfast now. Daddy is standing by the stove still, eating his plate quickly. I turn as much as I can, trying to watch him.

"What? Is daddy being mean and not sitting with his girls? He is, isn't he? Daddy is a big, giant meanie head for ignoring you like that, is he?" Mommy asks, making me nod my head in agreement after a moment. It wasn't fair that he wasn't sitting with me and Mommy. He should have to spend time with us at the table like me and mommy do!

"Oh my goodness, I can't even have breakfast in peace. It's not my fault someone is in a rush to leave and I still have things to do," Daddy gripes playfully, bringing his plate over to the table and sitting next to me. I smile slightly, reaching out for him. He smiles, grabbing my hand and covering it with kisses. I squeal happily as I wiggle my hands, very happy to receive the affection despite it tickling.

"Daddy, daddy, done! Cuddles now," I say, squirming until daddy sighs, reaching over and unbuckling me.

He lifts me up, setting me on his lap before I can go anywhere. He undoes my bib, putting it on the table. I squirm slightly, resting my head on his chest. He goes back to eating, occasionally feeding me what was left of my food while wiping my face clean after every bite. I stay cuddled up to him the entire time, sighing softly as he rocks me slightly. If it wasn't so comfortable I would have tried to go play. Instead I just wait semi patiently, staying cuddled up to daddy as I hum and swing my legs back and forth, content.