Chapter 76

*Grace's P.O.V*

Standing in timeout sucks. It feels like I've been here forever! It doesn't help that I'm trying my best to look like I took this timeout very seriously! Knowing my luck though, Zahira will come in when I'm not paying attention to what I'm doing. Why can no one ever arrive when I want them to? It's always in the moments I don't want them there.

Like I could be working on my homework all afternoon, grab my phone to respond to 1 text message and of course that is the time mommy walks in. Then I get yelled at for being on my phone because why would she walk in during the hours I AM doing my homework... so of course I'm fully expecting Zahira to come in when it looks like I'm out of timeout. Like when I hear a noise and instinctually turn my head to see before catching myself.

It doesn't help that I can vaguely hear Jazmin's daddy reading her a story. It sounds like he is really good at doing the voices too. It makes me very jealous and really want to go listen but I'm trying to be good and stay in timeout. Maybe if I just snuck closer to the door, I could better hear the story and make a break for the corner if I hear someone coming? There is that part of the hall that always squeaks when someone steps on it... no! I need to be good! I promised mommy I would stay in timeout like a good girl until sissy came and got me. I think I promised that, at least? Or did Mommy just tell me to do this?

"Ready to behave and listen now?" Sissy says, making me jump in fright! When did she even get in here? How long has she been here?

"I asked a question, Grace... if you don't want to answer, I will assume the answer is no to listening..." sissy says, and I attempt to turn to plead with her but I now feel her presence directly behind me. Her hand goes to my back and she stops me from turning, pushing me back into the corner gently.

"That's strike 2. I did not say you could leave timeout. I asked you a question and asked again for an answer. An answer you are more than capable of giving where you stand. That is if you are ready to behave. If not, you will earn yourself the 3rd strike and stay exactly where you are for even longer. So I repeat, are you ready to listen to what I tell you or would you like to save us some time and earn that 3rd strike now?" Sissy lectures, making my head drop. So much for being a good girl. Haven't even said a word and already on strike two! When sissy starts counting, I finally respond...

"Me listen... sorry..." I say, nibbling my bottom lip, trying to hold back the tears attempting to fall. I'm surprised when I'm then spun around and a hand is placed under my chin. Sissy uses that hand to lift my head up and pull my lip free with her thumb, and surprises me by being eye level.

"Good. And I appreciate you apologizing. You are forgiven, Grace. For not doing what I asked AND for making a mess of my living room. Now, why did you make such a fuss about changing out of your overalls for your nap?" Sissy asks, staring directly into my eyes. I like her eyes. They aren't like mommy's but they still give a warm and caring feeling.

As I debate on how to answer, I try to chew on my lip but her stupid thumb stops me again. Why didn't I spend more of my timeout thinking about this and my answers like mommy suggested? Of course she would ask why I tried to nap in them. Even mommy did and it went just as well as this!

"Pullup..." I finally admit, trying to hang my head in shame but her hand is still under my chin so I have to settle on just averting my gaze. It's very hard to do though with her standing right in front of me, eye level. I'm tempted to swat her hand away and turn away but she might make that strike 3 and turn me all the way into the corner for another timeout. I really don't want another timeout so I avoid doing that.

"Your pullup? Why? Wait... is it wet? Have you been standing here this entire time in a wet pullup, Grace? Why didn't you just tell me? I wouldn't have blamed you! Accidents happen and there is nothing to be ashamed of..." Sissy says after seeing my look.

My eyes immediately snap back to her, realizing I probably look just like Jazmin after an accident and after I realize she probably does this too, I open my mouth to say something but it's already too late. With an ease that stops the words in my throat, sissy grabs both straps with the same hand and simultaneously unclips them with a flewed motion. I watch as it feels like magic. One second she grabs my straps, the next they are falling to the floor. I'm so stunned that I don't even try to stop them and just stare at her in shock as my overalls fall to the floor.

"What? You try potty training a toddler! You learn to undress quickly because you literally have what feels like seconds. You think I'm joking but I'm not. Jazmin loves to hold it until the last second and make it a race to get her on the potty or we have a very wet pullup to deal with. So I've learned a trick or two about getting things off quick. Also, you are dry... so what's... oh. Oooh!" sissy says, standing and letting my chin go finally at the realization. Not before she rolls her eyes at me first though.

"Oh. My. Gosh! Are you wearing a pullup, Grace? That is a pullup! Why are you in a pullup? Don't only baby's wear pullups? What, are you a baby now? You must be a baby if you are in a pullup! Or is that a diaper? Is the wittle baby in her diapee? Does the baby need her diapee changed? Should I call mommy over to change you? Oh, wait... Since you are just a wittle baby, I guess you wouldn't know if you needed a change or not. Do you need me to check your diapee then? Just like I did Jazmin's? Is that it? Does Grace need her diapee checked? Is that why the wittle baby is all pouty?" Zahira teases in a very fake tone before moving to baby talk, covering her mouth in fake shock as she does before rolling her eyes at me as I glare. She isn't funny and this is very serious! Sissy is a big meanie head for doing that!

"I'm not pouty!! And you're a meanie!" I tell her, crossing my arms as I continue to glare.

"And I am not a baby... meanie!!" I add, blushing slightly as I say it frantically, embarrassed I even forgot to argue that point. Zahira just rolls her eyes at me again as she slides her hands under my armpits when I'm not paying attention and scoops me up, settling me on her hip. Of course her hand just has to be on my butt, patting it, as she holds me. I continue to glare at her, until she boops my nose with a smile and I can't help but smile back before hiding it against her shoulder.

"Was that what you wanted me to say? It's a pullup, sis. I could care less that you are wearing it. You could wear one of your actual diapers mom packed and I wouldn't even spare them a glance. In case you forgot, again, I have a daughter, Gracie. A daughter who has gone through her own bladder problems, and is still dealing with the consequences so I have a special appreciation for what someone that is forced to wear protection has to go through. Whether they secretly like the attention it brings or not. What? I'm talking about Jazmin, Gracie. Why? Do YOU secretly like wearing them?" Zahira tells me, making me think we are about to have a moment before she teases me again.

I mistakenly give her the look she was aiming for before I can stop myself so of course she just adds on to it. Not satisfied with just looking away from her now, I hide in her neck as she continues to coo at me. I knew I was right all along because not only is she a meanie head, she's the biggest meanie head ever! Especially if she puts me down. Correction, if she puts me down now, she's the biggest meanie head in the whole wide universe! Cause I missed this. Even if you are a big meanie head, sissy.

"Yes, I'm so, very, mean, for holding you in my arms like this, aren't I, Gracie? I know you must hate it just so very much as you are forced to snuggle closer into me! What are you just ever going to do after I force you to be so comfortable and content!?" Sissy says with pure sarcasm. When I don't respond, mainly out of embarrassment for speaking my thoughts out loud, sissy runs her hand through my hair before kissing the side of my head.

"Sissy missed this too, Gracie. I missed you too, my OG snuggle bug." Sissy whispers into my ear, making me smile and snuggle just a bit closer. Maybe, just maybe, she isn't a complete meanie head after all...