Chapter 67

*Grace's P.O.V*

Mommy continues to carry me all the way downstairs. I protest at first, complaining that I want to walk like a big girl but a hard slap to my bottom eventually stops me. The spanking didn't really hurt. In fact, I barely felt it but it was loud. It was also just a shock that mommy spanked me but I kind of understood from how much I was fighting her hold of me. I think when I almost fell, it was her last straw. It probably hurt her hand more than me but I'm not telling her that. I have no interest in a worse spanking.

When we get fully downstairs, I hide my face slightly when I see Elena, expecting a snarky comment about my diaper or outfit. Or at least some teasing. I don't hear anything like that though. Elena doesn't even talk to me until mommy sets me down in my booster seat. She even buckles me in, making me whine quietly.

"What's wrong Gracie?" Elena asks, making my face burn even more. It was weird to have her check up on me, to have her know all about every part of this, and for her to not tease me at all. It was kind of nice though, to not have to worry about her finding out but still weird.

"She's just whining because I buckled her into her booster seat. I don't want her getting out of it which just makes me so mean. I bet she was hoping to stay on my lap for dinner or for me to hide her seat but no. She gets to use her very special seat tonight," Mommy teases as she presses a kiss to the top of my forehead. I pull away from her, a frown on my lips as I look at Elena who seems amused.

"Poor Gracie," Elena says, making me pout. She even bends over and pinches my cheek before I can swat her hand away. She was supposed to tell Mommy that I didn't need to sit in a stupid booster seat. That was how it worked. That's what a good big sister would have done and not been on mommy's side.

"What do you want on your baked potato?" Mommy asks, making me turn to look at her. I have to nearly turn fully to see that Mommy is looking expectantly at me. It's very hard to do because of this stupid strap and mommy should know that!

"I think she wants sour cream," Elena says, despite the fact that I hate hate hate sour cream. I certainly don't want it on my baked potato.

"No," I say, a bit too loud because it echoes around the kitchen and makes Mommy raise an eyebrow. I shrink back, fidgeting with my onesie.

"Grace, I am not listening to Elena when she tells me what to put on your baked potato. I know how much you dislike sour cream and I would never put it on anything that you are going to eat. If Elena keeps it up, she might get some on hers though," Mommy reassures me and threatens Elena, making me smile.

"Do you want cheese?" she asks.

"Just butter and cheese....and salt and pepper," I say, making her chuckle.

"The last two could go without saying baby, they automatically go on every potato. One butter and cheese potato special coming right up for the special cutie pie in the high chair," Mommy says, making me smile slightly. Sometimes I liked her little names for me. I turn back to face the right way, jerking when I see that Elena has moved her chair closer to me.

"What?" I ask frowning when Elena just holds out both of her hands. They're closed into fists so I don't know what on earth she is doing. She just keeps holding them out until I hesitantly touch one. She flips it over, opening her hand so that I can see what was in it. It's a little caramel piece of candy, one I take after I look at her again.

"Don't tell mom," Elena whispers, making me giggle slightly as I nod.

"What are you two doing?" Mommy's voice makes me jump, making me close my hand around the candy quickly to hide it. I swear a look with Elena and we agree not to respond with a zip of the mouth.

When I don't hear mommy come closer, I start to try and unwrap it so that I can eat it. It's a pain to do because all caramel candy just has to be difficult to open but this one feels extra hard. I glance at Elena while struggling, who in return shakes her head, suddenly trying to get me to stop. I roll my eyes at her being weird, nearly getting my candy open before it's taken out of my hand by someone being mean.

"What is this?" Daddy asks, making me look down at the table. I wasn't upset because I was caught but because I hadn't been sneaky enough! Daddy was mean for taking something that wasn't his. Elena gave it to me and I was only being polite by eating it!

"I will put this up in the cabinet for after dinner Gracie, once you finish your plate you can have it. Candy is an after dinner treat and not something you have before. Behave and you can have it then," Daddy promises as he crouches down to my level. I hesitantly nod, still a little sad that he was getting to take my candy away.

"Gracie, I pinkie promise," he says as he holds out his pinkie. I interlock our fingers, earning a small smile from him as he makes the ultimate promise with me.

"Elena, can you get Grace a sippy cup?" Mommy asks. Elena and I both groan dramatically, for totally different reasons I imagine, as she stands up, moving to the drink cabinet where she gets a sippy cup down. She stands there once she has it, looking to Mommy for directions on what to do now.

"Can you put something in it?" Mommy asks with a bit of annoyance in her tone, making Elena huff.

"I knew that, I was going to do that. I just don't know what you want in it," Elena says, sticking out her tongue when Mommy turns her back which makes me giggle.

"You better keep your tongue in your mouth little miss daddy's girl. Lemonade, please and thank you," Mommy says, making Elena close her mouth quickly. I giggle at that as well, happy I wasn't the only that was getting in trouble.