Chapter 52

*Grace's P.O.V*

I watch mommy pull out a shirt from her purse, making me frown. I glance down at my dress, seeing that it's not that dirty. I mean sure I had gotten some dirt on it but not much. It was still clean enough in my opinion. I didn't need to change into a new shirt.

"Can you hand Bun Bun to Mommy?" Mommy requests, making me shake my head slightly as I look at her with wide eyes. I turn away slightly, holding Bun Bun tight to my chest. I refuse to look at mommy, knowing that she would just try to take Bun Bun from me.

"No! Mine," is all I say, hiding my face against Bun Bun's head so that she can protect me from Mommy's meanness. Mommy can just be so mean to me sometimes! I mean she couldn't possibly think that she could take Bun Bun from me after I just got her back.

"Please Gracie," Mommy requests, patting my leg gently. I shake my head, earning a small coo from her. "Please little one, look at Mommy," she says again.

"Like dress. No dirty," I retort to Mommy, peeking out from behind Bun Bun with one eye. I see the shirt and darn it, I want it now! Like it's cuter than anything else I've worn in a long time. I kind of really want to wear it but I don't know how to tell Mommy that. Especially because she wants to take Bun Bun from me and Bun Bun is mine. I don't want her to do that. It wouldn't be fair to give Bun Bun up as payment after she traveled all the way here. I had only just gotten Bun Bun back after all.

"You'll have Bun Bun back in just a moment, I promise Gracie baby," Mommy states, letting me lay there and weigh the options. I suck on my paci, thinking about how mean Mommy was to make me try to decide on this. I want the shirt so bad but I want Bun Bun more. But cute shirt....

"Minute," I say after a moment, handing Bun Bun over to Mommy, hoping Bun Bun will forgive me when this is all done. I try to tug my dress off, eager to get this done with, but of course it doesn't go as planned. I just end up tangling myself in it, rushing a little bit too much in my haste to get it off.

"Help," I plead with Mommy, not really able to see her since my dress is up over my head and I can no longer find my way out. My arms are stuck up in the air which isn't any fun either.

"Oh, my poor baby," Mommy chuckles, making me huff. I couldn't believe that she was laughing at me when I was in such an uncomfortable position. She was so going to be on Santa's naughty list this year, I would write to him and tell him that myself. She deserves nothing but coals!

Mommy eventually helps me with my dress, tugging it all the way off for me. I immediately regret agreeing to this whole thing because it's very cold in the bathroom. Not like super cold, but cold enough that it makes me uncomfortable. Something I express by whining and trying to tug my dress back on.

"I know baby, I'll get you dressed real quick," Mommy promises, slipping the neckhole of the new shirt over my head. I allow her to do so, mostly because I'm ready to get out of this stupid cold air and would rather not get stuck again. She tugs it down, pausing to guide my arms through the sleeves. I didn't need her help at all to do that but I wasn't going to complain about it either.

The shirt's kind of long which makes me sad because it means it doesn't fit. Did Mommy not know my size? She should know my size. My sadness is interrupted by Mommy handing me Bun Bun back. I happily accept Bun Bun, knowing that I am going to gripe and complain about Mommy in just a moment. Once she is far enough away that I don't have to worry about her eavesdropping on our private conversation.

Mommy next helps me to lay back down again which I think is silly. It's much easier to put pants on while standing and not sitting. My point is only proven when mommy lifts my bottom up but instead of feeling pants being put on, I feel mommy pull the back of my shirt before putting me back done. Next, I hear four little small snaps, feeling the shirt tighten slightly around me. It's certainly not baggy anymore, and in fact it's kind of snug. I stare at Mommy, confused about what she had just done and why she had done it.