Chapter 26

*Grace's P.O.V*

"What? Did I say something wrong? Mommy? Daddy?" I ask after they don't say anything for a while. Mommy eventually grabs my chin and turns my head to look at her.

"I'm sorry, baby... You... walked? To Zahira's? From the station?" Mommy asks with disbelief and I look at her confused. Why is that the issue?

"Yes..? She's like 15 minutes from the station... it wasn't that far of a walk..." I tell her, trying to justify my actions. She just looks over at daddy after hearing my answer and lets me follow her gaze over to him.

"She is partially right... it is 15 minutes... if she took a car... but she walked... walking is about an hour and a half... at whatever pace google sets as average..." Daddy says and now it makes sense why it was so much more difficult than I thought it should be. I knew I wasn't that weak!

"An hour and a half... come get your daughter, please, Matias... I need a moment alone..." Mommy says and it makes me scared. I can feel the boiling rage she is fighting hard to contain right now.

Daddy must sense it too because he comes and collects me without comment. When daddy scoops me up, I give no resistance even though I'm sad to be leaving mommy's lap. I'm at least smart enough this time to keep it to myself though, knowing mommy's attention is very dangerous right now.

I watch mommy calmly leave and I hear her bedroom door gently click shut. After that, pure chaos. Even from across the house, I hear mommy yelling curses and every once in a while what sounds like things breaking. It's not until daddy pulls me closer that I realize I'm shaking. Looking up at daddy with a frightened look, he looks down with a gentle smile.

"She won't hurt you, Gracie. She knows she can't... not right now, at least. I would stop her if she tried any further punishment with you. She knows she is pushing against my comfort zone with your current punishments already. You are safe here... she is furious but give her a moment and it will pass." Daddy says but it's of little comfort. He isn't mommy and mommy doesn't sound like she is getting over it at all!

When it gets silent, it's even more terrifying. Daddy starts rocking me, trying to comfort me but it doesn't help. It feels like mommy is taking way too long and it's so silent. When mommy finally does come back into the room looking more put together then when she left, I surprise her by jumping off daddy's lap and running to her crying. When I get to mommy, I wrap my arms around her in a tight embrace as I bury myself into her, crying.

"I'm sorry, mommy. I shouldn't have done it. I know that now. Please don't be angry with me... I'll take whatever punishment you want... even if that means a... a... a spanking. I'll... accept it... if that means you... you forgive me!" I tell her, still crying.

Too stunned to move, it takes her what feels like minutes to finally loosen up and scoop me up into her arms. In reality it was seconds but it feels like minutes to me so when I feel myself being lifted, I immediately wrap my legs around her waist and arms around her neck, burying my face in her neck. Mommy supports me with one arm under my butt and another on my back, running calming, smooth circles around it. She also rests her head partially on mine, blocking the light from my eyes.

"Shhh, baby. It's going to be alright... mommy isn't mad anymore... I'm not going to punish you further... you are already being punished for making the same choice with the bus trip... I'm not going to punish you for what you are already being punished for... I was just surprised to be finding this information out, baby... that's all... mommy is better now... are you okay baby? What can mommy do to make you feel better?" Mommy asks.

"I... I'm not sure... I... I don't feel forgiven... I feel like I should still be in trouble... maybe?" I ask, trying to figure out why I'm so upset as I feel mommy start to rock me in her arms.

"I think you need the closure of a punishment baby and being told you are already being punished isn't good enough for you since it's a separate time you put your life at risk in your mind and a different decision... I'll tell you what... why don't we say daddy's lap was the punishment? I bet it compared to your time in timeout, if you think about it, huh? I bet you it wasn't very enjoyable... nothing like mommy's lap at all..." Mommy says, whispering the last part.

"...It was pretty miserable." I tell her, earning a "Hey!!" from daddy.

"I know it was, baby. That's why you need to behave and make sure mommy knows where you are at all times so you don't have to be miserable sitting on daddy's lap ever again." Mommy says, earning a laugh from me.

"I will have you know, my lap is great to sit on! Elena told me so on multiple occasions!" Daddy says.

"Yes... the child that loves to be in trouble, loves the timeout lap, what a surprise." Mommy says, fake shock clear in her tone.

"My lap is not the timeout lap!!!" Daddy proclaims, defiance in his tone.

"Well, our baby girl, who came crying from your lap and into my arms for forgiveness would say otherwise. I'm just saying..." Mommy tells him, making me start hiccuping from laughing so hard. Daddy's lap wasn't that bad but it does help a little bit thinking of it as a punishment. Not so much daddy because that would be mean but waiting for mommy was definitely a sort of punishment.

"You just watch... I'll turn our little girl into a daddy's girl, even if it's the last thing I do!" Daddy says and it almost sounds like a threat. I cling even harder to mommy after hearing it.

"Over my dead body you will! This baby girl is all mine and everyone knows she will never not be a mommy's girl so keep dreaming, my love, because she is all mine." Mommy proclaims, making me happy that she knows where I stand in this. She continues before daddy can respond too.

"Speaking of this baby girl, I need to go get her out of this disgusting shirt and into something that isn't pajamas now. It's also long past time for her to be back in her big girl underwear. So if you need me, that is where I will be for the next... let's say 15 minutes." Mommy says, turning and heading back to the rooms with me in her arms this time.

"Always remember, baby... we both love you with all our hearts and nothing you do will ever change that, no matter how mad or upset we seem." Mommy whispers to me before kissing my temple.

"I know mommy... I know. It's just hard sometimes. I love you too... only slightly more than daddy..." I whisper, opening an eye slightly to make sure he isn't near to hear me.

"Only slightly? Only slightly!? Oh... you are in for some serious mommy daughter time if you only love me slightly more than him! Just you wait!!" Mommy proclaims in mock anger, making me giggle. That sounds great to me. I love our time together. It's not like I have anything better to do anyways. I just hope it's something I enjoy doing, is all, but we will see...