Chapter 78

*Grace's P.O.V*

"Glad to see you are still adorable when you pout, wittle Gracie." Sissy teases, pinching my cheek lightly before I swat her hand away.

"Am not..." I saw, glaring at the floor as I continued pouting because I'm no longer facing sissy. That is until an opened book rests on the side of my face and sits there. Swatting it away, it quickly finds its way back so I swat it away again.

"Sissy!!" I complain when I turn to see she's the culprit behind the book being on my face.

"What?" She asks, half closing the book with an innocent expression on her face. I just glare at her until she closes the book and puts it to the side with a smile.

"You know, this reminds me of our younger days. The months after mom and dad adopted you, to be specific. All those times I was stuck babysitting you..." sissy says with a reminiscent look in her eyes.

"How so?" I ask, not sure what she is talking about exactly. I remember that period of our life, at least bits and pieces, but I'm just not sure how it relates to now.

"A couple reasons how. First off, this feels very much like I'm babysitting you again. Secondly, you are calling me sissy again. Something that stopped after I stopped babysitting you. Not to mention you acting like my baby. Mom would always be so pissed at me when she came home and I could never understand why. I mean, I thought I was doing a good job. You were uninjured and happy. It just gave me a reason to hate doing it though so I never cared to find out what was wrong. I wanted to be out with my friends but I could never just leave you with El like that." She says with a smile and I can't help but smile back despite her not being my babysitter. Sissy was my play partner and not my babysitter! Even mommy said so!

"El was very overprotective of you, and still is, but definitely not like she was. That is why I was in charge of you. She had to learn to be your sister first. I took full advantage of your size and... circumstances, to play house with you after mom and dad left. You were just the perfect, also willing... okay, maybe a smidge persuaded to play the baby of our little family of two. You would always start enjoying your role by the time mom and dad got home though. Turns out that was the problem. I may have been accidently regressing you into the headspace of a baby without knowing it and then passing you off to mom to deal with for the night. Well, she would snatch you from me but same thing really. Now that I think about it, I was always wondering if I was seeing things when I would spot you wearing what seemed to be a diaper once mom came back with you. It wasn't something I really cared about though because either way, I sure wasn't about to offer to change you so I would just let it be. Now that I think about it, I probably left you in a wet pullup a few too many times for mom to deal with. I think you even used your pullup while in my arms a few times, now that I think about it further." Sissy tells me, smirking at my blushing face.

"It was a different time back then. I just wanted a pretend baby and I enjoyed caring for you. Back then, that just meant I would snuggle with you as we watched something. Probably why mom was always mad." Sissy says with a shrug, ignoring my pleading looks to change the subject

"My teammates always wondered how I was so strong when they never saw me working out. I would tell them to try carrying around your little sister all night and see if you don't get stronger but they would just roll their eyes at me. No one would believe that I had a sister attached to my hip while I was home. You really improved my spike though. I could really start nailing the ball once I started carrying you around the house." Sissy says, giving me the perfect chance to change the subject from embarrassing me.

"Speaking of, are you doing any tournaments this summer?" I ask. I know she knows I enjoy watching her play so hopefully she accepts this attempt, unlike all my other tries.

"Hmm? Oh... probably not. When I played carrying Jazmin, I couldn't even finish a game. I would get so sick and end up bedridden for days after. Not too mention I'll be even... no. Not this summer. Sorry, Grace. You'll probably have to wait another 2 years to see me play again." Sissy says and her words don't make any sense. She never takes any planned years off. Sure, she might not plan to play any games but she is always down for a quick game if she is free.

You see, Sissy is tall. Like really, really tall. So tall, sports teams in high-school all wanted to recruit her. The sport she chose, you ask? Of course it was volleyball! She was really good too! Sorry, is really good. She was even the captain her senior year and took her team to the state championship! They lost but Sissy did so well she got multiple scholarship offers! She picked the one that was closest, which I was happy about but it wasn't like before. She was extra, extra busy with college classes and practice so barely had time to play with me anymore. I still went to any game I could though to cheer her on and she always made sure to find me in the stands to wave with a big smile.

College drained her of her love for the game though so she quit playing soon after college. That was until she just so happened to find her way into a beach volleyball game, that just so randomly was a tryout to fill a vacant spot on a tournament team that very same day. The chances of being there and that happening, am I right? And I just happened to be there to cheer my big sis on that day too!

My sister obviously made the team to play but she wasn't used to playing on sand so she wasn't playing at the caliber I was used to seeing from her. She was what they needed though because she was always where she needed to be to keep the play going. She made some amazing plays and the team won the tournament with my sister scoring the game point with a killer spike that I swore buried the ball in the sand! It was amazing and I really thought she would continue playing on the team after they won.

She refused their offer though, saying she was done with committing to long term competitive play. She had fun though so would occasionally join them when she could for a fun practice game or a fill for a local tournament. Every year since she has been doing that, without fail. It's why she stays in such good shape.

I mean, it's how she met Oliver! He joined a practice game and tried to spike it on sis but got blocked. Later in the game, sis returned the favor by spiking it on him and he blocked it with his face. It was very funny... I mean, a very serious matter. He could have gotten very hurt. He didn't though, so it was just funny. Sis felt bad though so sat out the rest of the game with him and they pretty much started dating from there.

Thinking about her history of playing though, I'm not sure when she played with Jazmin. I mean, I only watched her when she was going all out and obviously Jazmin wouldn't play in those games. I also don't remember her not being able to finish a game. Well there were those games she tried to play while... no! And then... no! It can't be!! Looking at Zahira and the way she is hoping we move past this with a worried look, I know I must be on to something! Spitting my pacifier out, I open my mouth to ask...