Chapter 81

*Grace's P.O.V*

Sissy bounces me slightly in her arms a couple times but lets me stay hidden for now as the bouncing just makes me cling harder to her.

"We need your help to make cookies, Gracie," she says as she scratches my back gently, making me whine. Why can't I just stay hidden here?

"Auntie Gracie, Auntie Gracie! Guess what?" Jazmin says, sounding super excited. I don't want to respond to her because that would mean I would have to unhide but I don't want to upset her either so I peek out at her.

"What?" I ask, hesitantly peeking out from my hiding spot to look at her. I do it in such a way that I don't even have to look in Oliver's direction. I immediately see Jazmin is wearing a pink top with writing on it. It said 'Only Child' but that's crossed out and it now says "Big Sister" instead. I also see she already has stains on it too. Probably from trying to make cookies...

"I going to be a big sister! I'm getting a baby! My own baby," Jazmin says proudly, making me nod my head and pretend to be surprised.

"Really?!" I ask, faking a gasp as my eyes widen. Jazmin nods, showing a toothy gapped smile.

"Mhmm!! She's going to be a girl too! My baby sister," Jazmin informs me, making Sissy snort.

"And how do you know that, little miss?" Sissy asks.

"Cause I do," Jazmin says, seeming quite confident and smug in her answer.

"Well what if it's a boy?" Sissy asks after a moment, adjusting her hold as she continues scratching my back slightly.

"Can't be, boys are icky. Boys aren't allowed," Jazmin says, earning a noise of protest from Oliver. He scoops Jazmin up, making her squeal in protest as he turns her upside down.

"You take that back young lady! Boys are not icky," Oliver says, shaking Jazmin slightly and making Sissy roll her eyes.

"Are too," Jazmin says as she tries to twist out of his hold, reaching for Sissy who sets me down and tries to rescue Jazmin from Oliver. I cling to Sissy's shirt, upset that she had just set me down for absolutely no reason and with no warning. Sissy takes Jazmin, resting her on her hip as she sticks her tongue at Oliver, ignoring me.

"Jazmin is right, boys are icky. The worst kind of icky ever," Sissy agrees. Oliver gasps like Sissy has said the worst thing ever, making me giggle. My giggles die in my throat when he glances at me and I shy behind sissy out of fear. I don't like having people's attention on me, especially not since I feel like such a baby right now.

"Gracie! I thought you would be better than this. I thought you would be on my side! Especially since Zahira said you wanted to hear my stories. That should be proof only why boys are most definitely superior," Oliver dramatically says, making me shake my head slightly.

"Like Sissy's side more," I tell him, making him gasp. I giggle as he falls to his knees dramatically, leaning back as he acts like I've done something awful and he can't continue on.

"Oh! Oh! My heart. I just can't believe no one wants me to have a son," Oliver cries out, making Sissy snort as she sets Jazmin down on a little step stool.

"Ignore that silly boy, we need to finish making cookies," Sissy says as she nudges Oliver away with her foot, making him grab onto her leg and pull her down on top of him. She glares at him as he laughs, Jazmin finding it amusing when she smacks his chest lightly.

"Daddy, let Mama go. We busy," Jazmin demands as she jumps off the stool and lands partially on Sissy and Oliver, only managing to do so because Sissy had started to roll off Oliver. Oliver grunts, scooping Jazmin up and holding her up in the air.

"Who are you to tell me what to do? Huh little missy?" Oliver asks as he shakes Jazmin in the air playfully, making her squeal in protest as she tries to kick and free herself from his hold. Jazmin finally manages to escape once sissy is standing up, almost like Oliver had planned to release her so that sissy had time to actually be up and out of the way.

"Mama, Daddy is a butthead," Jazmin says as she clings onto Sissy's shirt, hiding her face with a small frown on her lips.

"No name calling dear," Sissy says as she chuckles softly, lifting Jazmin up.

"Now, let's leave your silly billy daddy on the ground and make cookies," she says as she puts Jazmin back down on her stool. I'm still hiding behind Sissy but she doesn't let me, grabbing my arm and pulling me out from my hiding spot. I huff as I look at her, upset that she would do such a thing.

"Come on Gracie, you have to help us make chocolate chip cookies. We have to make a whoooole bunch so we need all the help we can get," Sissy says.

"Yeah! Cause Nana and Papa are going to eat a lot. I just know it," Jazmin giggles, a smile on her lips.

"After Nana is done having a heart attack first, that is," Oliver says quietly, making sissy elbow him in the stomach. He grunts, giving her a dirty look and huffing slightly.

"Mama, you have to use your nice hands! Not your mean ones," Jazmin glares at sissy, putting her hands on her hip.

"Well tell your daddy to use his nice head and not his stupid one," Sissy says, sticking out her tongue at Oliver who wraps his arms around her and lifts her up, making her squeal in protest. She swats at his hands, playful ones that do no damage, until he sets her down. She glares at her, panting as she puts her hands on her hips.

"They're gross," Jazmin complains to me, taking my hand and pointing at a recipe that was printed out and on the counter. "We do ourselves. They take forever," she says, seeming annoyed with how long her parents were taking.

I smile slightly as she picks up the recipe. I had spent enough time in sissy's house to know where she kept everything. Well I at least knew where the flour was since it was in a glass jar on the counter. I pull it over, digging through drawers as I look for measuring cups. I eventually find them and come back to Jazmin who proceeds to read the recipe out to me. Or well she tries. I have to keep looking at the recipe. I end up spilling flour when trying to pour it into one of the bowls that is set out but don't get scolded like I halfway expect. I glance back and realize that Sissy and Oliver are watching me and Jazmin, smiling, wrapped in each other's arms. I duck my head when I realize that, staying quiet even when Oliver steps in to help.

He only has to do that because Jazmin tried to crack an egg over her head. Something I would never be so silly as to try and do. It clearly would just make a mess doing it like that. Everyone knows you just drop it on the counter and watch it break. It's so fun to do too!

My independence is short lived however, as sissy has to step in and help me when I nearly spill vanilla everywhere. But I totally could have done it on my own if she hadn't stepped in to help! I tilt my head back to say so, squealing when I see its mommy who is helping me and abandon all cookie making to force myself into her arms and cling to her. Cookies could wait but mommy couldn't! The way she immediately lifts me into her arms makes that very clear!